BT software update 32.53.0 / 3.7.54

SarahSarah Administrator Posts: 1,704 admin
edited 8 March 2021, 6:45PM in Announcements
Hi all, 

Please use this thread to discuss the most recent BT Software Update 32.53.0 / 3.7.54 for T2xxx & T4000 devices.

With this release, we have resolved an issue on T4000 devices where users were experiencing buffering/freezing on Now TV

Please note that this is a phased release so not all boxes will receive it at the same time. 

Thanks,
Sarah

Comments

• Ken Hill1Ken Hill1 Member Posts: 218 ✭✭
    Sarah said:
    Hi all, 

Please use this thread to discuss the most recent BT Software Update 32.53.0 / 3.7.54 for T2xxx & T4000 devices.

With this release, we have resolved an issue on T4000 devices where users were experiencing buffering/freezing on Now TV

Please note that this is a phased release so not all boxes will receive it at the same time. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Sarah is this to do with your on-demand movies and entertainment and the breaking up picture of entertainment and movies has been fixed with this software?
  • Ken Hill1Ken Hill1 Member Posts: 218 ✭✭
    Yes it's been fixed thanks thanks Sarah :D
  • John WebbJohn Webb Member Posts: 83
    I find my BT box had been updated and the Record button no longer works, I can't find how to record anything now. I am not going to do a factory reset as that will wipe my recordings. Details are
    Box is DTRT2110
    sw is component 3.7.42 manufacturer 32.51.0
    I am very unhappy as was unaware the SW would change and lost the whole point of the box.
    John Webb 

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,545 ✭✭✭
    edited 15 March 2021, 7:59AM
    Sarah said:
    Hi all, 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    @Sarah

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/software-updates/latest-software-versions/

erroneously says 32.51.0 for this release, not 32.53.0, though it does link through to 32.53.0
    Supporting YouView on Sony TVs is like nailing jelly to a herd of cats
    But the software is the latest available to me and has stopped me recording anything. Box suddenly useless to me. It worked perfectly until the 'improvements'. I can't find any fix. 
  • walksterwalkster Member Posts: 4
    I have a BT 2110 box, this latest software update has really messed up my box and cannot resolve.

I lost freeview HD channels, pixelated all BBC channels, pixelated a number of other freeview channels.

Tried a factory reset to get a clean update, still problems. Retuned several times, lost channels, and still problems !

I know the problems are associated with the BT box as when I disconnect the aerial from the box and connect direct to the TV, I have no picture problems.

Youview owe me a new box, as until this latest update all was fine !

Tell me who to contact ...one disgruntled customer !
    John Webb said:
    But the software is the latest available to me and has stopped me recording anything. Box suddenly useless to me. It worked perfectly until the 'improvements'. I can't find any fix. 
    @John Webb

This thread is for 32.53.0/3.7.54 though, not your 32.51.0/3.7.42, which is the previous release, and is indeed the latest one for your BT Retail box, if the page I cite above is to be believed.

So your sub-thread is likely to get forked.

But no matter. Absent any other reports of this update wrecking BT Retail boxes, though, we have to regard your issues as a one-off; either something went wrong in the update process, or your box has gone wrong subsequently, and it only seems to have come from the update.

Whichever, the correct course of action now is to carry out one or more Maintenance Mode updates, as in:-
    https://support.youview.com/youview-box/box-and-remote/using-maintenance-mode/

Start with Option 2, which will not delete your recordings. If this runs successfully, then do an Option 4, which will likewise not delete your recordings, but will refetch the latest software available to you, to ensure your update is as it should be.

Then try the box again, to see if it now works OK.

If not, or if the Option 2 above would not run after several tries, then there is nothing for it but to do an Option 5; this will delete your recordings, alas (so you might want to watch them first) but is the most thorough reset you can do.

If this gets the box recording again, fine; this is the best you can do. But if not, then you do indeed have the coincidental hardware failure I described as possible above, and the box is bricked.

But let’s hope that one of the earlier steps rescues it before it comes to this.

Do please let us know how you get on.

edited 15 March 2021, 9:01AM
    walkster said:
    I have a BT 2110 box, this latest software update has really messed up my box and cannot resolve.

I lost freeview HD channels, pixelated all BBC channels, pixelated a number of other freeview channels.

Tried a factory reset to get a clean update, still problems. Retuned several times, lost channels, and still problems !

I know the problems are associated with the BT box as when I disconnect the aerial from the box and connect direct to the TV, I have no picture problems.

Youview owe me a new box, as until this latest update all was fine !

Tell me who to contact ...one disgruntled customer !
    @walkster

Greetings, and welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear of your issues. But, according to:-
    https://support.youview.com/youview-box/software-updates/latest-software-versions/
    the BT Retail 2110 boxes do not yet have this latest update.

So can you please check your release details (YouView help on exactly where you look for this doesn’t seem to be forthcoming, but it’s in Settings somewhere) and see which one you actually have?

But if you did a real Factory Reset, again from Settings, and not something lesser, it sounds like your box has failed.

How old is it?

Your remedy, if any, will be a replacement under the warranty, from the retailer who supplied it, as long as the warranty is still in force. Not BT (though that might be worth a try) and certainly not YouView themselves.

Theoretically, stuff is supposed to last up to six years in the UK, but getting redress on that basis will not be straightforward 😢
  • walksterwalkster Member Posts: 4

Model: DTRT2110
    Component Software: 3.7.42
    Software: 32.51.0
    Config: 4747

So it appears the latest update has not been downloaded, my error.

The full factory reset was from setting.

The box was purchased on 23rd June 2018, so no warranty will be available, but expect them to last longer. They don't appear to be available anymore.
    I had forgotten about maintenance mode updates in the different stages. This box has simply worked up to now but I remember the first boxes when I was a Beta tester! I will try that when I have time later but was wondering if there was going to be a later release for my box which corrected the problem.
    John Webb said:
    I had forgotten about maintenance mode updates in the different stages. This box has simply worked up to now but I remember the first boxes when I was a Beta tester! I will try that when I have time later but was wondering if there was going to be a later release for my box which corrected the problem.
    @John Webb

The release this thread should be exclusively about will no doubt reach your box in the near future, as the update for Retail usually starts when the rollout for BT subscription boxes is complete.

However, it won’t contain a fix for your problem, as there is no acknowledged generic fault that needs fixing in the release you have.

It is therefore a crapshoot as to whether:-
    the release will update your box and the local fault you have will go;
    the release will update your box, but the local fault you have will persist;
    the release will fail to update your box due to the local fault you have.

You therefore need to attempt to resolve the local fault now, by the methods outlined above, to fix any repairable software issues, or to determine if you have an unfixable hardware issue.
  • PaulpPaulp Member Posts: 2
    I cannot play anything on Netflix after the software update at the beginning of March.

Device: DTRT4000 87B08500
    Software 32.53.0   3.7.54 

Loading any title on the Netflix app now shows this message.
    "We’re having trouble playing this title at the moment. Please try again later or select a different title" tvq-pb-101 (5.6.1)

I have spoken to Netflix and they tell me that it is a firmware issue with the BT box and there is nothing they can do. Netflix works fine on other devices like iPad.

I have done a factory reset (keeping recordings) and the issue still exists. 'Update software'  and 'Update apps' are both showing its running the latest versions.

Other apps like iPlayer and Prime are working fine.  Netflix was working fine prior to this software update.

Are there any fixes for this?  
    Paulp said:
    DI cannot play anything on Netflix after the software update at the beginning of March.

Device: DTRT4000 87B08500
    Software 32.53.0   3.7.54 

Loading any title on the Netflix app now shows this message.
    "We’re having trouble playing this title at the moment. Please try again later or select a different title" tvq-pb-101 (5.6.1)

I have spoken to Netflix and they tell me that it is a firmware issue with the BT box and there is nothing they can do. Netflix works fine on other devices like iPad.

I have done a factory reset (keeping recordings) and the issue still exists. 'Update software'  and 'Update apps' are both showing its running the latest versions.

Other apps like iPlayer and Prime are working fine.  Netflix was working fine prior to this software update.

Are there any fixes for this?  
    Greetings, @Paulp and welcome to the Community!

This Netflix?

Working fine here, on the YouView box shown, my DTR-T4000 on the same release you describe.

You might want to try a Maintenance Mode Option 2 on your box, and see if that will resolve the issue, unless you have already done so:-

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/box-and-remote/using-maintenance-mode/

Failing that, try the Get Help options on the Netflix Main Menu, if you can access it, and see if any of those resolve it.
  • PaulpPaulp Member Posts: 2
    It gets that far then when it starts playing it shows this for every title.

This is the device info in the netflix app

If all else fails I'll have to try Maintenance Mode Option 2
    I've tried the Help options on the Netflix Main Menu and contacted Netflix with no luck. They keep saying its an issue with the device.

@Paulp

My settings are the same as yours, except my ESN (YouView-assigned Electronic Serial Number) is naturally different, as these should be unique to our respective boxes.

Apart from that, your settings and mine there are all the same, except that the 7- in your UI Build is 12- in mine. 

I have been unable to find any explanation of how UI Build is constructed, or what the various bits of it mean. Perhaps it varies with whether you have an HD or a UHD subscription? I have the latter.

That ‘More Details’ in your first screenshot should be an option you can move to; what does it show?

I am sure Netflix are right when they say it is your device; but in the absence of other reports, we have to assume it is something on your device, like a corrupted cache, rather than an issue with the YouView software update.

I assume you have tried the Reload Netflix and Exit Netflix options, Signed out and Signed in again to no avail? If not, try those now.

And if still no go, the MM2 is quite low impact - it preserves all your recordings - and well worth trying, as it should clear any caches YouView might be holding that could disrupt Netflix.