Humax Retail Software Update - New Home Screen

12346»

Comments

• AdeleAdele Member Posts: 11
    jimb said:
    Adele said:

This is definitely not new and exciting.   Nobody likes the new set up, it is complicated, records things from iPlayer etc without asking it to and then you have to go a convoluted way round before it allows you to delete it because you can't delete it from that row !!  Recordings are in reverse order and I have yet to find one redeeming feature.   I would hope someone would tell me how to revert to the old display otherwise I am going to be looking for an alternative to Humax.   PLEASE indicate how I can get back to the old view.
    @Adele There is no way to go back to the old view - you've already been told that.
    You are repeating your complaints over and over again. This is your 10th post on this subject. Please stop doing this.
    OK
  • StephenStephen Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    records things from iPlayer etc without asking it to
    YouView has automatically added things to your watchlist for a long time now, this isn't a new feature with the Home screen, nor is displaying them merged with recordings in the MyTV tab/row.

and then you have to go a convoluted way round before it allows you to delete it because you can't delete it from that row !!
    Sorry about this. At the moment, you can remove watchlist items in that row with the Rec button (as you can add them with Rec), being able to use the Del button is being fixed internally and will be out in an update hopefully soon.
    Testing on the old Main Menu though, the Del button on Watchlist items would oddly bring up the Action Panel, so I don't know what you were doing before. Plus the display of the items is exactly the same between Main Menu and Home, they appear in reverse order so that you can play the most recent recording or resume your most recent part-watched On Demand content quickly.
  • Rob PRob P Member Posts: 83
    Stephen said:
    ... Plus the display of the items is exactly the same between Main Menu and Home, they appear in reverse order so that you can play the most recent recording or resume your most recent part-watched On Demand content quickly.
    Stephen,
    If the team are looking to make some changes that would actually be useful, personally I would find the ability to resume my most recent part-watched RECORDED content quickly.

I've got 5 or 6 pages of recordings on my box, and will often want to watch the most-outstanding stuff further down; it'd be great to be able to jump to this quickly, rather than the newest stuff which is easily accessible anyway. 

So that could be any part-watched programme or perhaps any part-watched series stack that has been recently accessed. THAT would be genuinely useful to me. 
  • countryman2countryman2 Member Posts: 47
    Adele said:
    Oh WOW Countryman2, how did you do that.  My only way of resolving this is to never by Humax again.  This latest update is nothing short of a backward step, confusing, unnecessary and annoying.  Recording what I'm watching on iPlayer when I've not asked it to, is quite ridiculous,  I then have to go back to the Wishlist (another 3 clicks) to remove them.  The recorded programmes are shown in reverse order, stupid, and why I need all that information on the screen I do not know.

I could post up the details here but they would most likely be deleted.    It's not Humax's fault, by the way.  If you have a YouView box from anyone then you will find that they will all eventually get this awful and pointless update.  
  • NBradshawNBradshaw Member Posts: 1
    Having read all the comments about this particular update (NEW Home Screen) prior to updating my parents youview box. My parents are 78 and 77 years of age, they are familiar with current youview user interface, their box is not internet connected, I update it at regular intervals. This update with the new home screen would substantially confuse them.

The belittling abuse that appears to be practiced by the people that are coding/UI designing on the youview project/box is astonishing in the 21st century.

The result of this update I believe the youview box would not be fit for purpose and suggest that all contributors to this forum/post inform trading standards that they will be requiring a full refund of the cost of their youview box which has been made not fit for purpose by those practicing belittling abuse towards consumers and their comments on here.

It is clear that your design staff and coders need to go back to the drawing board/conference room and have a rethink.

If the update is forced to anyone that does not wish it my advice to you is to contact trading standards.

If your coders cannot code an option to turn on/off the new screen layout they cannot be very good coders. That is my belittling abuse towards YOUVIEW, IT IS YOUVIEW NOT YOURVIEW.
  • Tim CTim C Member, Super User Posts: 553 ✭✭
    edited 10 May 2021, 6:24PM
    Obviously don't update it then. If they have a T2100/T2120 or T4000 I'd suggest updating to the current firmware and then never do it again.
    I did this to my 2 boxes the other day & now I have my network setup to block any further updates. I might change my policy if the Home Screen is customisable in the future.

Edit:
    Too late now as it's just been released for the remaining units now.

• TellurisTelluris Member Posts: 1
    One of our YV boxes updated the home screen last night, much to our surprise.  It is supposedly an "improved home screen" - not for us, it is cluttered and a retrograde step.  Clearly some people had too much spare time on their hands during lockdown but didn't use it effectively....