stop update

menthaxmenthax Member Posts: 5
Well another backward step with update of software on my Humax box, its slowed it right down processor struggling to cope. Also all I want is my recordings and its 3rd down on list I NEED AT TOP , if I want anything else I use my tv ie apps live tv etc. Are there ant shortcuts on remote to my recordings  This happened after a update on my first YouView box Humax overloaded the  screen with silly things So that killed my first YouView box because processor could not  cope. Bought later Humax but some bright person decides I need loads extra stupid things on my screen again  So another box now KNACKERED cant cope with all extra things to do - 

Comments

• kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 1,074 ✭✭
    Stagnation or pointless change...dilemna 
    Deacon Blue hit from October 88
  • menthaxmenthax Member Posts: 5
      I have a DTRT2000 BOX SER NO. 61600764500071.  VARIANT 84B07000

Since Youview in there wisdom thought I needed a update on software its almost killed my box 

Its so sluggish , I assuming its being asked to much to do with existing processor.

Is there any way I can get it working again even a down grade on software.

It doesn’t help when it automatically updates.

I tried to stop update stream no success.

Its second box they have killed that was the one before this one that just can’t cope at all 
    Being a even slower processor

Youview have cost me a lot of money in buying new Humax boxes.

There some stupid software engineer thinks he helping  but making things worse.

SO IS THERE ANYW`Y I CAN GET BOX BACK UPTO SPEED AND WORKING PROPERLY

REGARDS John Barlow FED UP P.O. 

Looks like be buying a Humax Aura 4K Android TV Recorder

I hope that processor can cope with changes in software
  • StephenStephen Member Posts: 792 ✭✭✭✭✭
    menthax said:
    Also all I want is my recordings and its 3rd down on list I NEED AT TOP
    Please can I note that before the update it was third across and you had to press YV, Right, Right, OK. Now it's the third down you have to press YV, Down, Down, OK.
    Also note that one of the stated goals of moving to this new Home screen is future customisability.

menthax said:
    Are there ant shortcuts on remote to my recordings
    Watch this space, but if you are impatient it seems you can buy a PlusNet remote (make particular note of the MyView button above the YouView button) from a popular auction site, or potentially program it in if you have an all-in-one remote hanging around.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,591 ✭✭✭
    Stephen said:
    Also note that one of the stated goals of moving to this new Home screen is future customisability.
    @Stephen

Since YouView seem to be able to switch us between UIs at the drop of a hat, can we please have the option to get the old UI back, until such time as we feel, individually, that some future customisability provides a compelling reason to switch, at which point we can switch at our own discretion?
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris