Alphabetical recordings option needed.

KeithCKeithC Member Posts: 4
This weeks update is fine. Same number of navigation presses to get to my recordings, on our two Humax DTR-t2000 1tb boxes.
But it’s prompted me to ask - 
Why is there no option for an alphabetical index? Years ago, when the format was a list (not tiles), there was.
Having 20 pages of recordings, 12 recordings per page, I’m endlessly searching for stuff.
I have no idea when I recorded what I’m looking for, but I know its title!
Any chance of you considering chronological AND alphabetical options?

Comments

• kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 549 ✭✭
    edited 13 March 2021, 8:56PM
    Disagree....
    One of life's little pleasures is trawling through your recordings and finding a little gem you forgot you had.
    Ignore this if you disagree. 
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,545 ✭✭✭
    kodikid said:
    Disagree....
    One of life's little pleasures is trawling through your recordings and finding a little gem you forgot you had.
    And one of life’s big pleasures is knowing which recording you want to watch, though you don’t recall what date you recorded it on, and yet being able to find it easily.
    Supporting YouView on Sony TVs is like nailing jelly to a herd of cats
  • KeithCKeithC Member Posts: 4
    We could still find pleasure in stumbling on a forgotten recording, if they were alphabetical 🙂
    ‘Sky’ and others let you search alphabetically, afaik. Ok, they’re not free.
    My guess, is that I could find older recordings in half the time.
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 549 ✭✭
    Must be just me ,
     But honestly it doesn't take more then 2 minutes to access my TV and to scroll from start to finish. 
    Probably less time then to distinguish between shawshank redemption and "the" shawshank redemption. 

Ignore this if you disagree. 
  • StephenStephen Member Posts: 727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh any good implementation if you pressed a letter would still show matching things prefixed with "A" or "The" or "New:". Why am I thinking this? Oh no reason.