Sony Bravia

ercerc Member Posts: 1
Last night my tv youveiw guide stopped working , it opened up but wouldn’t scroll up or down , also I noticed on my Home Screen green boxes around the icons , anybody know what’s happened and how to fix it ?

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,545 ✭✭✭
    edited 6 April 2021, 8:47AM
    erc said:
    Last night my tv youview guide stopped working , it opened up but wouldn’t scroll up or down , also I noticed on my Home Screen green boxes around the icons , anybody know what’s happened and how to fix it ?
    Greetings @erc, and welcome to the Community!

I’ve not seen this widely reported (or indeed at all), so the ‘usual suggestions’ are:-

While pointing the remote at the TV, hold down the On/Standby button on the remote for just over five seconds, until the TV soft reboots. See if this fixes it.

If not, try a Factory Reset of the TV.

Failing even that, please specify the model of the TV, and post screenshots of the issues.
    Supporting YouView on Sony TVs is like nailing jelly to a herd of cats
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 10,020 ✭✭✭
    Agree. I've never seen YouView go wrong on a Sony. In fact its the most reliable aspect of its operating system. Try the remote reboot as Roy suggested and then please give feedback. Model and age would be useful.
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,545 ✭✭✭
    edited 6 April 2021, 8:50AM
    Supporting YouView on Sony TVs is like nailing jelly to a herd of cats
  • onceuponatimeonceuponatime Member Posts: 29
    edited 6 April 2021, 9:06AM
    Have you got Talkback enabled (is your TV narrating everything you do)?
    The green highlights of selected elements might be part of that system. It has been known to break some apps.
    https://support.google.com/androidtv/answer/6123320?hl=en-GB