Apps stopped working on T2110

PeloPelo Member Posts: 1
Hi all. I wonder if you can help. The apps stopped working last week on my BT you view box T2110 (Argos purchase years ago, not subscribed to any provider).
When clicking an app, it simply defaults back to TV channel. Doesn't load any apps at all. And clicking a programme in the past from the guide also does not load up the app as it used to do. So apps clearly not working. All live TV working fine.
I did the Maintenance mode option 2 and this fixed it - for 3 days. But then today it's gone back to not working. Any ideas what this is and how I can fix permanently? Grateful for any tips thank youa

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,545 ✭✭✭
    edited 7 April 2021, 6:59AM
    Pelo said:
    Hi all. I wonder if you can help. The apps stopped working last week on my BT you view box T2110 (Argos purchase years ago, not subscribed to any provider).
    When clicking an app, it simply defaults back to TV channel. Doesn't load any apps at all. And clicking a programme in the past from the guide also does not load up the app as it used to do. So apps clearly not working. All live TV working fine.
    I did the Maintenance mode option 2 and this fixed it - for 3 days. But then today it's gone back to not working. Any ideas what this is and how I can fix permanently? Grateful for any tips thank you
    Greetings, @Pelo, and welcome to the Community!

Can you see if Netflix loads? Even if you aren’t subscribed, you can try this.

If so, and this is the only app that loads, there may be a pattern here with the issue @Abbi is currently reporting:-
    https://community.youview.com/youview/discussion/7606523/netflix-is-the-only-app-that-works
    Please also check the date and time your YouView box is showing, to see if these are correct. If not, this is known to cause this issue on YouView, at least on Sony TVs, and may be doing the same on the boxes.

You might also like to try a Maintenance Mode Option 4, which will completely refresh your YouView software with a new copy from YouView’s servers, while still, like Option 2, preserving your recordings.
    Supporting YouView on Sony TVs is like nailing jelly to a herd of cats