Now tv pass

KimberleyKimberley Member Posts: 1
I went to watch sky sports last night to find its no longer working I had to purchase the Now TV package which I paid £25 for immediately on my card im now wondering whether talk talk will still charge me for my sports package as well as now tv charging me or will my talk talk bill come down in price as I'm paying now tv 

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,629 ✭✭✭
    Kimberley said:
    I went to watch sky sports last night to find its no longer working I had to purchase the Now TV package which I paid £25 for immediately on my card im now wondering whether talk talk will still charge me for my sports package as well as now tv charging me or will my talk talk bill come down in price as I'm paying now tv 
    Greetings @Kimberley, and welcome to the Community!

According to this:-

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/TV-Boosts-Guide/ta-p/2204379#Sky%20cinema%20boost

From 2nd November 2020 we no longer sell TV Boosts to new or existing customers. If you already have a TV Boost you can continue to use them. However, if you change your package the TV Boost will be removed. We’re excited to offer an alternative service through NOW where you can enjoy the latest TV, movies and sport.

So the question is, have you changed your package since 2nd November 2020, thus getting the Boost removed and (presumably) your subscription costs from TalkTalk reduced, or have you changed nothing, and you just had a temporary glitch with your Sky Sports Boost? Which as far as TalkTalk are concerned, is still running?

if you ask your question on the TalkTalk Community:-
    https://community.talktalk.co.uk/
    you are, according to the redoubtable @Stevef_fr8ys who will no doubt be along shortly to help further, likely to get better service than from their telephone support on 0345 172 0088.
    Supporting YouView on Sony TVs is like nailing jelly to a herd of cats
  • Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Member, Super User Posts: 428 ✭✭
    @Kimberley, there was a server fault yesterday that caused an issue with your boost channels.

This was nationwide.

It was posted on their service dashboard and has now cleared.

You were not forced to buy a NowTV pass but now that you have done so I suggest that you go into your account and remove the boost manually so you will get a refund on your next account, otherwise yes, you will continue to be charged.

The boosts will be removed later in the year anyway so you will have jumped ship beforehand. The only thing you need to be aware of is you cannot record NowTV.

For info the service dashboard can be found here and is worth checking if you have any future issues - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Service-Status-Dashboard/bd-p/service
  • Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Member, Super User Posts: 428 ✭✭
    @Roy, I hope you don't fear me or find me formidable!  :smiley:
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,629 ✭✭✭
    @Roy, I hope you don't fear me or find me formidable!  :smiley:
    @Stevef_fr8ys

I’m happier now I have realised that your avatar is not, in fact, the Terminator 😛
    Supporting YouView on Sony TVs is like nailing jelly to a herd of cats