Remote control

I cannot use the blue button to access recordings and also the Guide button will not work, I have tried pressing the TV and the RED Burton's together and they flash 3 times but it still doesn't work any help would be appreciated thanks

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,622 ✭✭✭
    @oldenpastit subsequently reports (in slightly the wrong place but never mind)

’Just like to say I've been able to fix my remote control my wife bless her looked on line and was able to find the answer’
    Supporting YouView on Sony TVs is like nailing jelly to a herd of cats
  • CarylCaryl Member Posts: 1
    My control has gone crazy, it either doesn't do anything, or else just carries on going past whatever I have selected. I have pressed AD Sub and Power, but the light doesn't flash. I have put new batteries in but that hasn't worked either. Help.

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,622 ✭✭✭
    Greetings @Caryl, and welcome to the Community!

Get your mobile phone and use its camera to make the output of the YouView remote visible on your phone screen.

Do these times when the remote won’t work the YouView box, and the times when it carries on,  correlate with no flashing, and continued flashing, respectively, as seen on the mobile screen?

If so, check the remote for biscuit crumbs, or similar, down the side of the keys.

But if not, the problem is with the box; touch the On/Standby button for just over 8 seconds, so the box soft reboots, and see if that fixes it.

And please report back what you discover!
    Supporting YouView on Sony TVs is like nailing jelly to a herd of cats