You View error code YVM 105

My You View is no longer allowing me to catch up on BBCiplayer or ITV 4 or my Prime subscription channel.  The error code received is YVM105.  I have tried resetting, checking cables etc.  My You View is in another room and services the tv in my bedroom.  It is connected to the router via a TP link.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,622 ✭✭✭
    edited 1 May 2021, 8:52AM
    My You View is no longer allowing me to catch up on BBCiplayer or ITV 4 or my Prime subscription channel.  The error code received is YVM105.  I have tried resetting, checking cables etc.  My You View is in another room and services the tv in my bedroom.  It is connected to the router via a TP link.  Any advice would be appreciated.
    @BrendaMorgan

First, work methodically through:-
    https://support.youview.com/youview-box/error-messages/fix-for-yvm105/

If still no go, then there are a couple of things you can try that are not listed there:-

(i) Take a laptop or PC on which you can reach the internet over WiFi. Then  turn off the laptop/PC’s WiFi, and ensure that you can no longer reach the internet, which will tell you that the wifi really is off.

Then disconnect the Ethernet cable from the back of the YouView box, plug it into the laptop/PC, and see if you can now once again reach the internet on it.

If not, then your problem lies in the connection from the router to the YouView box, and you will have to revisit that step by step, with particular attention to possibly damaged Ethernet cables and/or faulty or misconfigured TP-Link PLAs.

If you can reach the internet from the laptop/PC hardwired connection, though, then the problem is with the YouView box.

If so then (ii), work through:-

Try Option 2, which will preserve your recordings.

And please do report back to us on how you get on!
    Supporting YouView on Sony TVs is like nailing jelly to a herd of cats