BT Software Update 32.53.0 / 3.7.76 - New Home Screen

13»

Comments

• Chubble369Chubble369 Member Posts: 2
    Agree with the comments! We’re not keen on this new Home Screen layout - it’s just a little cumbersome, and hard to see the box highlighted/selected by the cursor.
  • craig78craig78 Member Posts: 4
    @Roy Experiment over. I was able ro replicate the exact same scenario with the replacement drive. First time setup installs the latest software and I'm still able to manually roll back to 3.7.48 wen using the software reset option in maintenance mode. :)

@[email protected] Can you explain the origins of the 3.7.48 software? Can you also explain why I'm seeing BT branded software when my box isn't (and never has been) connected to a BT line?

This isn't the first time rogue software has claimed squatters rights on my box!

Once again the BT version of that previous software doesn't/didn't officially exist!

Time for another experiment. I'm going to put the replacement drive back in the box and choose the nuke option and see if that fixes the random maintenance mode issue. Will report back in due course. :)
  • fjt1973fjt1973 Member Posts: 1
    edited 5 June 2021, 12:55AM
    This update is shocking... too cluttered and lost functionality.

I'm poor sighted and I now have to get up out of the sofa and get closer to the TV to see what has been selected. A Bonus im getting my steps in.

BIN the thumbnails!!!
  • craig78craig78 Member Posts: 4
    Quick update. SInce my last post my box has entered maintainence mode four times, so the full factory reset clearly didn't work. I actually went four days without it happening, yet this morning I was greeted with it once again.

Earlier thiis week I ordered a 2nd hand Manhattan T2-R box as a replacement, however some numpty at Cex decided to sent me the T2 non recordable version instead! Returned and I'm now awaiting their response.

So I'm back at square one and currently using my old talktalk DN370T as my main box.

Why can't life be simple?  :s
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭
    @craig78

Why not indeed?

Your box might work with a change of hard disc. Might.

But personally, I think it’s a wrong ‘un.

Do please start a new thread and let us know how you get on with the T2-R, if you ever get it - pluses and minuses compared with a (working) YouView box. It’s all grist to our mill.
    ‘For those who like that sort of thing, that is the sort of thing they like’
  • kendokendo Member Posts: 1
    Sadly my first post here is a complaint and judging by the thread a strange one.
    My box: DTRT2110
    Software Component 3.7.76 (428106)
    Manufacturer 32.53.0
    After the update,(which I got last week) I can no longer record in HD only SD, it shows that it's recording but when you try and watch it hasn't.
    Then to add to the mix, my apps won't update and only iPlayer works now.  Netflix, Amazon wont load and Now just throws me back to the apps screen after I select a programme.
    Having read through the thread I will try the maintenance thing but I just wanted to post this in case someone has any other ideas.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭
    edited 9:54AM
    kendo said:
    Sadly my first post here is a complaint and judging by the thread a strange one.
    My box: DTRT2110
    Software Component 3.7.76 (428106)
    Manufacturer 32.53.0
    After the update,(which I got last week) I can no longer record in HD only SD, it shows that it's recording but when you try and watch it hasn't.
    Then to add to the mix, my apps won't update and only iPlayer works now.  Netflix, Amazon wont load and Now just throws me back to the apps screen after I select a programme.
    Having read through the thread I will try the maintenance thing but I just wanted to post this in case someone has any other ideas.
    Greetings @kendo and welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear of your problems 😥

Every software update is a bit of a crapshoot in which, despite YouViews’s best endeavours, some box fall by the wayside with a mangled update, such as you are experiencing.

Sometimes, the stress of the update pushes failing boxes over the edge, and they can’t be recovered at all, though this is much less prevalent than it used to be, especially with the later boxes like yours.

As you say, time to try a Maintenance Mode option; initially Option 2, and if it comes through that OK, an Option 4 to refresh the software from YouView’s servers and ensure you have the best possible copy there.

Both these Options preserve your recordings.

Being able to record in SD but not HD suggests that the HD encryption is broken, hopefully just temporarily; try it again after the MMs have run.

if recording issues persist, though, then maybe the file system on the hard disc has got corrupted. In this case, the only way to fix things is the MM Option 5/Factory Reset, which does, alas, delete all your existing recordings.

But let’s hope it doesn’t come to that, and the less drastic MMs suffice.
    ‘For those who like that sort of thing, that is the sort of thing they like’