What have they done this time?

brian_smithbrian_smith Member Posts: 1
The whole interface is different as of yesterday. Not only is it different and horrible but everything is now hard work
 is it just me?

Comments

• Rob PRob P Member Posts: 89
    The whole interface is different as of yesterday. Not only is it different and horrible but everything is now hard work
     is it just me?
    it's not just you I'm afraid...
    cluttered and obviously a complete shock to anyone who doesn't frequent these pages and the team at Youview REALLY need to take note of this
  • DarrenDarren Member, Super User Posts: 490 ✭✭
    It will take the likes of my dad who is almost 88 time to get used to the new look. Thats if he ever dose.
    I find the new look to be fine. Just a shame they still dont seem to show the HD version of a channel in the mini guide.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭
     is it just me?
    It’s actually less different than it looks.

Consider that the previously horizontal menu is now arranged vertically, and that each element from the old menu, now leftmost on its own row, still works as it did before.

Then its just a matter of ignoring (or enjoying) the extraneous thumbnails to be found to the right of each of the now-vertical menu items.

Same number of keypresses as before to get anywhere; the only hard work is knowing how it is different, and waiting for the thumbnails to appear.
    ‘For those who like that sort of thing, that is the sort of thing they like’