Loss of Youview menu

novalisnovalis Member Posts: 2
When I now press Y I get BT TV instead of the former menu that begins GUIDE the APPS etc. How do I get back to how it was? Please!

Comments

• John LJohn L Member, Super User Posts: 798 ✭✭
    @novalis,
    Welcome to the forum. Are you referring to the new revised homepage just been released on boxes? If yes, sadly you can't. Youview are in control of what each user receives whether they like it or not. Sorry but everyone is in the same boat. Hopefully Youview will listen and take on board user feedback. If you have a Bt query, I would also contact Bt. Does this answer your question? John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭
    edited 21 May 2021, 11:07PM
    novalis said:
    When I now press Y I get BT TV instead of the former menu that begins GUIDE the APPS etc. How do I get back to how it was? Please!
    You get a series of rows of thumbnails, with what looks like a not-very-interesting description box for the row in the leftmost position.

But actually, this not-very-interesting-looking description box is the item from the old, horizontal, menu, and when pressed, does exactly what the option used to do when it was horizontal.

Imagine someone took the old menu, arranged all the items vertically instead of horizontally, and then added a row of thumbnails to each, the thumbnails you used to get when you moved to that option in the old menu system, which the new look means you can get all of those sets of thumbnails on the screen at once.

Well actually, you don’t have to imagine it, as that is exactly what YouView have done!
    ‘For those who like that sort of thing, that is the sort of thing they like’
  • novalisnovalis Member Posts: 2
    Thank you very much. All clear now.