Error message

Mytv59Mytv59 Member Posts: 4
Scheduling problems  error keeps showing for failed recordings when I have set up recording via tv guide on my you view box.
Any help please

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭
    @Mytv59

While not recording nor about to, touch the On/Standby button on your YouView box for just over 8 seconds, until it soft reboots.

See if this fixes things.

If not, then carry out the slightly more drastic Maintenance Mode reset, Option 2, though this still keeps all your existing recordings:-

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/box-and-remote/using-maintenance-mode/

And please report back success or failure, and if success, which step fixed it.
    ‘For those who like that sort of thing, that is the sort of thing they like’
  • Tim CTim C Member, Super User Posts: 569 ✭✭
    This is something that I get quite frequently when there are schedule changes and I've just thought that's the way it works.
    edited 9 June 2021, 9:41PM
    @Tim C

Yes, this indeed happens when a programme in the Guide is set to record, and then the broadcaster changes the schedule and shows something else.

But I didn’t think this was what @Mytv59 was talking about.

Though perhaps it was; @Mytv59, can you please clarify here?
  • Mytv59Mytv59 Member Posts: 4
    Nothing to do with broadcast schedule changes  does it even if I set recording schedule for itv channel 3 and itv catch up channel 34.
    I can set recordings in program guide using red record button  but when I check scheduled recordings this then shows scheduling problems. 
    This is getting to be a total pain ,
    Thinking of getting rid of this box and trying a plain freeview recorder.
    All was ok with you view until BT upgrade,  although I've not been with BT for some months now, this is a BT you view box.
    Thanks for any help.

• Mytv59Mytv59 Member Posts: 4
    Done the maintenance mode with keeping existing recordings  but still same problem. 
    Might bite the bullet and do full factory reset !!
    Mytv59 said:
    Done the maintenance mode with keeping existing recordings  but still same problem. 
    Might bite the bullet and do full factory reset !!
    @Mytv59

Yes, the full Factory Reset would be my next recommendation.

In general, when making and/or playing recordings goes awry, repeatedly, we suspect the hard disc has got corrupted, which only a Factory Reset (or an MM Option 5, which is the same thing) will resolve.

YouView do not offer a non-destructive disc repair option, alas.