BT Extra box query

2»

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,941 ✭✭✭
    Stephen said:
    I'd report me, frankly. Not least for being gratuitously off topic
    @Stephen

I am not inclined to report the goose (please excuse the metaphor) that lays the golden eggs…..
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
    Visionman said:
    Nice one.

So to summarise what everyone else has said when you take out a BT TV subscription they give you a box on which you can record on one box only. If anyone wants to take an extra box it's a zapper only (which isn't a recorder). So all you have to do is purchase or own a second YouView PVR and connect it up. Once thats done you can nominate which one you want to be the main box and switch recording services between the two but note its only available on one box at a time including subscription channels.

I bet that sounds about as clear as mud. They definitely don't make it easy.
    @Visionman

As far as I know, you can do the two-box BT TV switching thing on an ordinary BT TV subscription, as long as you supply the second box for yourself.

With an Extra subscription and two boxes, yours or theirs or one of each, you can run both on BT TV without having to switch.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 10,163 ✭✭✭
    edited 15 June 2021, 12:43AM
    @Roy
    Why are you talking to me about it and not the OP? I'm fully aware of what it will do. Have you ever had BT TV? To which the answer is no. 
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
  • Tim CTim C Member, Super User Posts: 582 ✭✭
    Visionman said:
    Nice one.

So to summarise what everyone else has said when you take out a BT TV subscription they give you a box on which you can record on one box only. If anyone wants to take an extra box it's a zapper only (which isn't a recorder). So all you have to do is purchase or own a second YouView PVR and connect it up. Once thats done you can nominate which one you want to be the main box and switch recording services between the two but note its only available on one box at a time including subscription channels.

I bet that sounds about as clear as mud. They definitely don't make it easy.

To further clarify , once you've taken out Extra Box and you've got yourself a second recording box then they can both be used to record the subscription channels at the same time. That's exactly what i did.
    edited 15 June 2021, 9:44AM
    @Visionman @Tim C

I think I can see the problem here. 

Visionman’s posting can be read two ways, depending on whether you take the scope of the If to extend to the end of the posting, or just to the end of the sentence it is in.

He intended the latter, in which case what he wrote is accurate, and does not need any correction.

But you and I took the If to extend to the end of the posting, and possibly other readers will; hence our corrections/clarifications of an interpretation which Visionman did not intend, and may not even have seen.

So, indeed, clear as mud.

The English language is fine with If…..Then…..Else, but it sucks in having no Endif 😛