braysoj1braysoj1 Member Posts: 7
No info been shown on tv and TV guide 

Comments

• braysoj1braysoj1 Member Posts: 7

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,591 ✭✭✭
    edited 29 June 2021, 9:02PM
    @braysoj1

First one of these we’ve seen.

This looks like a bug with this particular model.

I guess you must have got it from BT, and you are a BT TV subscriber, so best take it up with BT:-

https://support.youview.com/useful-contacts/

There is 24/7 BT TV support by telephone, but it’s generally reckoned that you will fare better on the website.

@Stephen at YouView has one, though, and maybe others there too, so they might be along to help; but BT will certainly want to know about this, if it’s a bug with the new box.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • braysoj1braysoj1 Member Posts: 7
    It since I’m updated the System update was working fine before update 
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,591 ✭✭✭
    edited 29 June 2021, 9:20PM
    @Sarah

Speaking of the Useful Contacts page above, I note apparently conflicting entries for BT Broadband support:-

Under Box and TV service providers:-

BT Broadband Only customers 0808 100 6116
    Lines open Mon - Fri: 9am - 5:30pm Sat: 9am - 2pm

Under Broadband providers:-

Call
    0800 111 4567

Lines open
         24 hours, 365 days

which is the same number as above, on that page, for BT TV support.

And both are different from this BT page:-

https://www.bt.com/help/contact-bt/technical-support/broadband

Whichever it is, I thought I had 24/7 broadband support from BT, and would be taken aback to find I hadn’t.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • zulu17zulu17 Member, Super User Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭
    @braysoj1
    from the Youview announcements there seems only to have been the initial launch software for this new box yet you mention an Update being performed.
    has your box been continuously connected to a working broadband connection with a working aerial connection ?

• SarahSarah Member Posts: 1,812 admin
    braysoj1 said:
    No info been shown on tv and TV guide 
    Hi @braysoj1
    Welcome to the forum :) 
    We can see that you've contacted us and BT on Twitter and BT have responded, have they been able to assist you with this issue at all?
    Thanks,
    Sarah
  • Rob PRob P Member Posts: 113 ✭✭
    I had this same issue the other day but on a Humax T2000 box. It followed deleting some shows from series stacks. I think it was newer shows that I'd seen elsewhere leaving older unwatched ones in the stack. I noted that backing out of the stack left me in an unexpected place in the MyTV page - ie not on the top-level tile for the stack I had been in, but also because the newest show in the stack was now older than it was when I entered it the stack had moved down the MyTV onto the next page (if that makes sense...). I was then on that same next page but not on the stack I expected.

Anyhow, it was after deleting at least 2 or 3 shows this way I then pressed info on another show and got the same blank info panel, on everything that I tried and however I tried to get to it:

if I recall, turning the box off and on resolved, so perhaps not as serious as the originally-reported issue.