Black Screen

IanTIanT Member Posts: 1
Just started having problem with Youview box.
When switching on, the box goes through initializing process then screen goes black
Box will not go into standby mode with remote or on box button. It remains blue
After switching off at wall for some time it works for a bit then goes black while watching a programme.
While we had it back we updated all we could, and checked settings, but no joy
Help

Comments

• John LJohn L Member, Super User Posts: 818 ✭✭
    @IanT,
    Welcome to the Youview forum. Not sure how technical you are, but have you tried the maintenance mode reset as at top of this webpage under under help/support:
    Using Maintenance Mode - YouView Support Option 2 is the best choice to try first.

Hopefully this will fix your problem depending on how old your box is. Please let forum know how you get on & if you need more help. John L

Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
  • John LJohn L Member, Super User Posts: 818 ✭✭
    IanT said:
    Just started having problem with Youview box.

. . . . but no joy   Help
    @ IanT, hopefully by now you have solved your problem? I know if it was me, I would want to be able to watch tv tonight. Have you still got a black screen?

Please let forum know how you got on. John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,785 ✭✭✭
    @IanT

Sorry to hear of your issues with your YouView box,

I hope you have tried an MM2, as per @John L’s good advice.

Whay box model is this, who is your ISP, and do you have it on a BT TV, Plusnet or TalkTalk subscription?

This information will help us best advise you what to do next.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris