Sky One to be relpaced

DarrenDarren Member, Super User Posts: 523 ✭✭
Its been posted over on the Digital Spy forums that Sky One is to be replaced by Sky Showcase and there will be a new channel Sky Max from 1st September but links that have been posted dont say if this will also affect the Now service.
Sky One scrapped as Sky announces brand new Sky Max - Radio Times
Sky Overhauls Channels; Retires Sky One & Launches Sky Showcase – Deadline

Comments

• VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 10,140 ✭✭✭
    edited 28 July 2021, 11:53AM
    Sky are always rechurning their services in a bid to squeeze more money out of their subscribers. It's their way.
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
  • jimbjimb Member, Super User Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,892 ✭✭✭
    edited 28 July 2021, 2:08PM
    jimb said:
    Which confirms both channels are coming to Now as well, both proper Now and Now as presented by BT.

it seems odd that while the world is rushing towards On Demand, Sky/Now would be launching a strictly linear channel (that word again!); but as it will be presenting content from all the other channels, I guess pretty much everything will be available on demand anyway, except maybe the movies they show if, like me, you think Now Cinema membership is a pretty bad bargain most of the time, and only buy a month of it over Christmas 😛
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,892 ✭✭✭
    Visionman said:
    Sky are always rechurning their services in a bid to squeeze more money out of their subscribers. It's their way.
    As it apparently isn’t going to cost extra, how does that work?
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 10,140 ✭✭✭
    edited 28 July 2021, 4:06PM
    Roy As it apparently isn’t going to cost extra, how does that work?

Slowly as always...... You know the drill.
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
  • DarrenDarren Member, Super User Posts: 523 ✭✭
    That's good if both channels look like they will also coming to Now.
    Im surprised Sky One is being rebranded as Sky Showcase.
  • DarrenDarren Member, Super User Posts: 523 ✭✭
    Sky have also said the US on demand service Peacock service will also be coming to Sky Q and Now as part of the Entertainment pack.
    https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210729005660/en/