Now Sports

JesseJamesJesseJames Member Posts: 1
I use TalkTalk box bought Now sports package last week when I got to YOUVIEW Now app cannot get sports they keep asking me to join .They have already removed money from my Account

Comments

• Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Member, Super User Posts: 476 ✭✭
    If you have a DN370T box, the app on there is not compatible with Sports package. A 372T box is or should be compatible.

Now (and TalkTalk) make this clear under listred compatible devices.

If you are under contract with TalkTalk, you may be eligible for a lite box (non recordable) box. Join their community forum and state your problem there to find out.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/TV/bd-p/116.

There are alternative ways to watch though that may be an option for you. Now or Amazon Fire sticks for example (assuming you don't have a smart TV with the Now app).
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,892 ✭✭✭
    edited 7 August 2021, 10:24PM
    @Stevef_fr8ys

I’d be surprised if @JesseJames could get that far if he has a DN370T; surely the app wouldn’t even run?

So I see two other possibilities here for @JesseJames ; firstly check that the Now account you bought the Sports pass on is the same account that you are using for Now on the YouView box.

For the second possibility, try making the first use of your Sports pass on a smartphone. If you can get in OK, exit from there, and go back and try it again on the YouView box, and you should find that you can get into it now, and in the future, without having to do the smartphone trick again; this should only be a one-time thing. 

And if you still can’t get in, but the reason you are told this time is that you have too many devices running Now at the same time, wait 10-20 minutes for Now’s device logging to recognise the smartphone session has gone, and then try again.

(And no, this is not a windup; Now Sports is that seriously fubared 🤦🏻‍♂️)
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
    @Roy, so long since I've used a 370T but the last I heard it would still run Cinema, which is all it would ever do.

It wouldn't surprise me at all of it no longer works at all, but either way, it's incompatible with sports.
    @Stevef_fr8ys

I really must get my T1000 out of cold storage and see what NowTV on that does, if anything. But I can’t see it even getting to a place where you would be asked to buy a Sports pass. Anyway, even a working Now app manages to be incompatible with Sports, at least at first, as described above 😢
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • joneshjonesh Member, Super User Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭
    I tried to load the Now app on our T1000. It thought about it for a while, and then a message appeared which said something like, Sorry, the Now TV app is no longer supported on this device, followed by a list of devices that do support the app.
    If you wish to pay up front for 12 months, it's £200.
    Link copied from another forum.
    https://www.nowtv.com/gb/checkout/summary?voucher[]=SPMCWDC9QWHX
    If you wish to pay up front for 12 months, it's £200.
    Link copied from another forum.
    https://www.nowtv.com/gb/checkout/summary?voucher[]=SPMCWDC9QWHX
    A page there seems to be no escape from, except clean out of Now 😢

But there is another deal some people are being offered - up to 10 months at £20/month, with no lock-in.
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 704 ✭✭
    Little or no point getting 12 months pass if all you're interested in is football. 
    June/July are barren months with the major football tournaments (Euros/World cup) on terrestrial tv.
    Having said that next year's World Cup is running throughout December with the Final taking place the week before Christmas. 
    Ignore this if you disagree.