NOWTV on demand Unknown Page error

I'm trying to watch NOW TV on demand content through the Now TV app on BT YOUVIEW box DTRT4000. Never had any problems before. Done the usual reboot on both box and router but keep getting the error 'Unknown Page error'. Live TV through the app doesn't work either. I can however watch live NOW TV channels via the TV guide. Any ideas on a fix for this?

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,892 ✭✭✭
    @bellboy100

As it sounds like you have Now via BT TV, since you can get the corresponding channels, you are entitled to call BT, who are supporting their Now customers via the phone, a support path which Now themselves don’t offer.

Though it may well be that everything is fine again now, as Now tends to go down and up again about every time the wind changes direction 😢
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • Rob PRob P Member Posts: 93
    Hi, I don't use NowTV through the BT box but I have had problems getting it to load on an LG TV the last few days, so could be an issue with NowTV rather than the box itself?
    edited 17 August 2021, 9:02AM
    Rob P said:
    Hi, I don't use NowTV through the BT box but I have had problems getting it to load on an LG TV the last few days, so could be an issue with NowTV rather than the box itself?
    @“Rob P”

It certainly could be, and probably is. The Now that BT provide on the EPG is driven by BT via their own feed from Now, and does not rely on the Now app, which is supplied by, and driven from, Now themselves.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • bellboy100bellboy100 Member Posts: 2
    OK guys thanks for your help...... I'll keep an eye on it and hopefully the issue will resolve itself or I'll get onto BT for them to have a look....
    edited 17 August 2021, 9:17AM
    @Rob P @bellboy100

I just tried Now on my LG Nano TV, and it’s fine. And I don’t generally get most of the issues reported on the Now Community; but there are enough to show that Now can be pretty flaky.

And I did once have an issue with Now on this iPad not working under Safari, though it was fine under Chrome, so I have experienced the flakiness myself.

Now remains an organisation that looks like it’s only been going for a year or two, and still has a bunch of bugs to shake out, and I have to keep reminding myself that it’s been around longer than YouView, even.

I strongly suspect that BT, when they decided to bet the farm on Now, as they have done, declined to be beholden to the Now app, which is why they have the linear Now channels in their EPG, where they can keep that aspect of Now firmly under their control. And it shows.

The Now Community admins, if they ever look at the YouView Community, must weep to see how calm and ordered it generally is, by comparison, as Now goes on to find yet more new and ingenious ways to keep shooting itself in the foot 😛