Youview box not recording/ black screen not playing - Please save Grandchildren's Christmas!

DhartyDharty Member Posts: 1
 Good morning everyone!

I'm experiencing technical problems with my Huawei DN372T box as described here. (shorturl.at/gFGN8)

I have the same issue, with the box failing to record new programmes and seemingly unable to play programmes that have been previously recorded, even after completing all troubleshooting steps. 

Normally I would not seek any help beyond a new box, but due to the worldwide situation, I need some special assistance!

Last year at Christmas, during the height of the Pandemic, like many of you we were unable to have our young Grandchildren to visit with us. 

We promised them that we would record all of their favourite tv shows and films, and have an extra special Christmas this year instead! As you can imagine with young children, it has been a constant topic of conversation whenever we have spoken with them this year!

So I am asking all of you, if there is any way that anybody can help us either fix our current box to play our old recordings, or replace the box and transfer the recordings over, please, please help!

You would be helping us to avoid letting our grandchildren down for a second year in a row.

Thank you in advance,

David.  

Comments

• John LJohn L Member, Super User Posts: 833 ✭✭
    edited 1 October 2021, 10:44AM
    Good morning @Dharty,
    Hopefully it will be a simple fix. Have you tried a soft reset? Press power button on your pvr for 8 seconds & see if this resolves issue. If this doesn't work, try a maintenance mode option 2 reset. (How do I do this I hear you ask . . . ) Top of this Webpage under help support icon. Type into search bar for "maintenance mode" & follow the detailed instructions for your model.

Option 2 will KEEP your recordings. Hopefully this will resolve problem. Please let the forum know how you get on. You may have to try a few attempts to master the technique if you are not used to doing this. Good luck! John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
    Dharty said:
     Good morning everyone!

I'm experiencing technical problems with my Huawei DN372T box as described here. (shorturl.at/gFGN8)

I have the same issue, with the box failing to record new programmes and seemingly unable to play programmes that have been previously recorded, even after completing all troubleshooting steps. 

Normally I would not seek any help beyond a new box, but due to the worldwide situation, I need some special assistance!

Last year at Christmas, during the height of the Pandemic, like many of you we were unable to have our young Grandchildren to visit with us. 

We promised them that we would record all of their favourite tv shows and films, and have an extra special Christmas this year instead! As you can imagine with young children, it has been a constant topic of conversation whenever we have spoken with them this year!

So I am asking all of you, if there is any way that anybody can help us either fix our current box to play our old recordings, or replace the box and transfer the recordings over, please, please help!

You would be helping us to avoid letting our grandchildren down for a second year in a row.

Thank you in advance,

David.  
    Good morning David @Dharty, have you managed to do anything to resolve your problem? 
    We are all volunteers on the forum helping when we can. John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
    Christmas has now been saved! @Dharty is speechless with amazement with box now working ok. If you do need any more help, please let us know.

Would be nice to hear feedback from you as this also helps other users on forum. John L
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,943 ✭✭✭
    edited 3 October 2021, 9:36PM
    @John L

Have you had a PM from him, or is this unwarranted sarcasm? 

I do hope it is the former 🤞
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
    edited 4 October 2021, 9:24AM
    Roy said:
    @John L

Good morning @roy
    How are you? It would be lovely if when new users panic & ask for help they reply back when forum users have kindly taken the time to answer their request. They don't always. I would be grateful if I had asked for help and replied back.

Yes Christmas may have been saved, hopefully we will know very soon. John L
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,943 ✭✭✭
    John L said:
    Roy said:
    @John L

Good morning @roy
    How are you? It would be lovely if when new users panic & ask for help they reply back when forum users have kindly taken the time to answer their request. They don't always. I would be grateful if I had asked for help and replied back.

https://community.youview.com/youview/discussion/7604151/the-drive-by-poster-with-acknowledgements-to-neil-innes-urban-spaceman
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
    Roy said:
    John L said:
    Roy said:
    @John L

Good morning @roy

https://community.youview.com/youview/discussion/7604151/the-drive-by-poster-with-acknowledgements-to-neil-innes-urban-spaceman
    @roy, just sent you a pm. Hope you are keeping well. John L