Bt tv pro box remote with lg tv

RoyCRoyC Member Posts: 2
I have just received the new-ish bt tv pro box. My understanding was that during the setup process the box would automatically enable the BT  button on the remote to turn both the box AND the tv on and off. What I am finding is that it does turn both on correctly but when you use the same button to turn off , initially both go off but within 10 seconds the tv powers back up again. 
When I had the previous bt ultra box , which used the 4 digit codes to setup this action , I was able to do this successfully.

any thoughts.

Roy

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,943 ✭✭✭
    edited 2 October 2021, 4:59PM
    RoyC said:
    I have just received the new-ish bt tv pro box. My understanding was that during the setup process the box would automatically enable the BT  button on the remote to turn both the box AND the tv on and off. What I am finding is that it does turn both on correctly but when you use the same button to turn off , initially both go off but within 10 seconds the tv powers back up again. 
    When I had the previous bt ultra box , which used the 4 digit codes to setup this action , I was able to do this successfully.

any thoughts.

Roy
    Greetings @Royc, and welcome to the Community!

Are you sure of your recollection about the Ultra box? As on every TV I’ve had, including the LG GX I’m trying this on at the moment, turning on the Ultra box will turn on the TV, but it will turn off only the Ultra box afterwards, leaving the TV still on.

It looks as if the Pro box is still exhibiting this behaviour, but in a roundabout way 😛

No doubt one of our few Pro box owners will be along in a minute to report, but in the meantime, you might like to ask about this on the BT Community:-
    https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-TV/ct-p/BTVision
    where more owners of these boxes, and a few BT staffers, hang out.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • RoyCRoyC Member Posts: 2
    Roy, you could be correct about my recollection regarding the ultra box because I did get quite confused doing it. Thanks for the link , I will explore.
  • zulu17zulu17 Member, Super User Posts: 1,077 ✭✭
    I believe the relevant thread and resolution on the Bt Community  is at

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,943 ✭✭✭
    edited 5 October 2021, 10:07AM
    zulu17 said:
    I believe the relevant thread and resolution on the Bt Community  is at
    @zulu17

Looks like @RoyC posting 7 minutes after his last posting here, above, as per my suggestion, and getting the answer he needed.

Either that, or there are still a few more Roys left than I thought 😛
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris