YouView tv box error - YVM102

nicola_hfnicola_hf Member Posts: 1
I’ve checked the YouView webpage on this error YVM102 and done everything that is suggested. I’ve turned everything off from the mains and on again. Turned the freeview box off and on again. Reset my router and pulled the cables out and back again and this error message is still flashing up and then telling me it’s restored immediately  afterwards?! 
I’m drawing a blank! I don’t know what else to try. It’s really aggravating having this message pop up every 1 - 2 mins and then tell me the broadband connection is restored.
I’ve gone into the settings on my freeview box and checked the connection and it confirms it’s connected via a wired connection and up to my broadband and internet.
Just to reiterate the error message says, we can’t detect your broadband, please check the connection between your box and router. It directs me to the youview support area in their website and search for error code YVM102. Then seconds later it says ‘Broadband connection restored’.
I can watch live tv, record, watch recorded programmes but still this error message comes up and then says it’s restored. All the while the tv is on this message pops up constantly. 

Comments

• John LJohn L Member, Super User Posts: 833 ✭✭
    edited 8 October 2021, 2:12PM
    Hi @nicola_hf,
    Welcome to the forum. Have you checked that your PLA's (powerline adaptors) if used between Router & Youview box are paired still? Everything may be connected, but could have lost pairing code - does happen sometimes - easy way to check first is swap them with something that you know works & see if they work correctly with other equipment: maybe try directly with Tv's broadband if it is a Smart tv to see if they are still paired or to re-pair them.

To reset you simply press the reset button as per instructions.  If this still doesn't work, worth doing a soft reset 8 seconds on your Youview box: press power button to totally reboot Youview box, if still a problem then you may need to do a maintance mode reset (option 2), full details search top of page under help/support search bar. Hopefully given you some help. Please let forum know how you get on/if you need further help. Good luck! John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings.