Plusnet Youview

Now that Plusnet have cancelled their TV package, can I keep the Youview recorder box?

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,943 ✭✭✭
    Now that Plusnet have cancelled their TV package, can I keep the Youview recorder box?
    Greetings @Speedmaster865, and welcome to the Community!

You would need to ask PlusNet that question, with particular reference to the T&Cs at the time you took the box, and whether you have completed a minimum contract term yet, or not.

In particular, look for a ‘Non-Return fee’ such as BT use, whereby if you give up your subscription and don’t return the box, they can bill you for this fee, and possibly collect it without your say-so, given that you have supplied them with your bank details and a payment authority.

BT emphasise, though, that this doesn’t let you off the hook by transferring ownership of the box; it still remains theirs.

Whether in practice BT, OR PlusNet in your case, would charge this fee, and if they did, whether they would still come after you for the box I can’t say.

But have a read of those T&Cs to see what you have agreed to in this area.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 725 ✭✭
    Your actually in a unique position...Plusnet cancelled the service not you.
    The box is yours...enjoy 
    Ignore this if you disagree.