Remote for T2100 seems a little sluggish at times.

DarrenDarren Member, Super User Posts: 534 ✭✭
edited 24 October 2021, 8:57AM in Community
I had stopped using rechargeable batteries thinking that was the problem.
I replaced batteries with normal Energizer ones and that did help for a week or two. Now remote seems a little sluggish again. Like you will sometimes press 101 and it will go to 10 and its also once in a while slow when using the volume buttons.
I have also noticed the infer-Red light sometimes dont always flash like the batteries are dead.
Could the remote be on its way out.
I still have an old T1000 remote in a drawer from when I used to have the T1000 but never really liked that remote.
I do also have a remote in my bedroom for the retail T2110 for that box. 
Is it worth trying remote for that on box in living room

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,002 ✭✭✭
    edited 24 October 2021, 10:04AM
    @Darren

Either remote will work either of your YouView boxes without needing any reprogramming, so it will be easy to try this and see if it is the remote or the box that is sluggish.

You could also try using your remote to operate your TV, assuming it has been programmed to do this, and see if that is sluggish too, compared with the remote that came with the TV.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • DarrenDarren Member, Super User Posts: 534 ✭✭
    edited 24 October 2021, 10:24AM
    @Roy thanks for your reply. Will try the other remotes later the day with the box in living room.
    Yes remote been programmed to work with TV and its sometimes sluggish with that as well compared to remote that come with the 2014 Samsung Smart TV.
    @Darren

Also, have you tried resetting the remote, as per this link?

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/box-and-remote/reset-your-remote-control/
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
    @Roy have not tried resetting remote will give that a try later today.
    Thanx for the link.
    edited 24 October 2021, 4:43PM
    @Roy resetting the remote seems too have worked. 
    I did try the other remotes first with the box and they seemed to work fine.
    Dont know what happened with the remote and why it been playing up.
    Would have never thought of resetting the remote if you had not said and sent me a link on how to do it.
    Thanks for your help.
    @Darren

Happy to help, and glad you got it sorted 😀
  • 468743450468743450 Member Posts: 12
    We've two remotes, and they're not the problem. Even after resetting.
    Pressing a button takes time for the box to react. Even a quick press is actioned - just not always quickly, and if in the meantime we've pressed a different button, that will be in the queue. Up to 3 presses seems to be the limit that will queue. 
    It is the T2110 box that is getting more and more sluggish. It has about 24% free space. Today it was recording two programmes and we were trying to watch amazon prime. It couldn't cope. It was giving sound without picture. Pressed pause to see if that would let it sync the picture, and waited. After a while the paused icon showed on screen with the bar showing how far through the programme we were. But the programme was still playing both sound and now picture! None of the play, pause, forward or reverse keys worked. Back worked but instead of going back to the programme details page, it closed the app. 
    After three attempts we gave up. Will try again tomorrow. 
    edited 26 October 2021, 8:21AM
    @468743450

Sounds like your box could do with a Maintenance Mode Option 2 Keep Recordings reset, as described here:-
    https://support.youview.com/youview-box/box-and-remote/using-maintenance-mode/

Give it a try and see if it helps.