c4 programmes cut off too soon

hi   for the last couple of weeks on c4 (apart from still no subtititles!) all my recordings stop a few minutes before the end of the programme I am recording. I am having to go on catch up just to watch the end which is a waste of my life. :'(
Also why hasnt subtitles been sorted out yet ?
thank you    atwickwitch

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,002 ✭✭✭
    edited 30 October 2021, 11:26AM
    jane1959 said:
    hi   for the last couple of weeks on c4 (apart from still no subtititles!) all my recordings stop a few minutes before the end of the programme I am recording. I am having to go on catch up just to watch the end which is a waste of my life. :'(
    Also why hasnt subtitles been sorted out yet ?
    thank you    atwickwitch
    Greetings @jane1959 and welcome to the Community!

This is a general problem with Channel 4, who are struggling to recover from a disastrous fire at their content handlers Red Bee Media.

It affects every broadcast and catchup TV device, not just YouView.

Read more here:-
    https://community.youview.com/youview/discussion/comment/19011347#Comment_19011347
    but there are several other threads about this from users who haven’t realised there is just one root problem, due to its multiple manifestations. 
    And even Channel Four themselves don’t seem to know how far the problems spread 😛
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris