Channel 4 HD Misty

FireballFireball Member Posts: 2
Anyone experiencing the above ? been an issue for a while now...

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,002 ✭✭✭
    edited 6 November 2021, 12:52PM
    Greetings @Fireball and welcome to the Community!

I’m not finding it misty, and in fact it was better than BBC1 HD, itv HD and Channel 5 HD.

And I got exactly the same results looking at Freeview on the TV directly, with Channel 4 HD looking about exactly the same from Freeview on our 65” LG GX as it does from the DTR-T4000 feeding the same TV.

Can you make the same comparison between the Freeview picture and the YouView one, on various HD channels, and see if they look the same?

If they do, it’s not a YouView issue, but may be an issue with your TV - what make and model is it?

But if only the YouView picture is misty, maybe try touching the On/Standby button on the YouView box for just over 8 seconds, until it soft reboots.

Does that clear the issue? If not, please come back with the make and model of your YouView box, for further advice.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • Tim CTim C Member, Super User Posts: 587 ✭✭
    What's Mary got to do with it? :)

Roy said:
    Greetings @Fireball and welcome to the Community!

I’m not finding it misty, and in fact it was better than BBC1 HD, itv HD and Channel 5 HD.

And I got exactly the same results looking at Freeview on the TV directly, with Channel 4 HD looking about exactly the same from Freeview on our 65” LG GX as it does from the DTR-T4000 feeding the same TV.

Can you make the same comparison between the Freeview picture and the YouView one, on various HD channels, and see if they look the same?

If they do, it’s not a YouView issue, but may be an issue with your TV - what make and model is it?

But if only the YouView picture is misty,Mary touching the On/Standby button on the YouView box for just over 8 seconds, until it soft reboots.

Does that clear the issue? If not, please come back with the make and model of your YouView box, for further advice.

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,002 ✭✭✭
    edited 6 November 2021, 12:57PM
    @Tim C

What was I thinking?

It should, of course, have been Evelyn (Draper).
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • FireballFireball Member Posts: 2
    @Roy Thanks for the reply. I havent tried the Freeview comparison with Youview, so I'll take a look. I have a sony KE48a9