BT TV Pro box problems

McmckMcmck Member Posts: 1
Had 3x Pro boxes, all with same (manufacturing?) fault - box regularly freezes when tv channel changed, has to be reset each time. Anyone else had this problem?

Comments

• John LJohn L Member, Super User Posts: 846 ✭✭
    Mcmck said:
    Had 3x Pro boxes, all with same (manufacturing?) fault - box regularly freezes when tv channel changed, has to be reset each time. Anyone else had this problem?
    Hi @Mcmck, welcome to the forum. 
    That's the problem with newer boxes with software in early stages, it will have loads of bugs that need fixing. I appreciate how frustrating it must be each time box freezes. You have 3 of them?! "What fun"! Unfortunately I don't have one of new boxes to use/test, so I can only guess that it is the same procedure: have you tried doing a soft reset? Press Power button for 8 seconds & see if this works.

If this doesn't work then have a good at doing a miantenance reset. Where do I find the instructions I hear you ask? (Top of the screen type into search bar near Help/support: here the link, I just happen to be on my home desktop pc: 
    Using Maintenance Mode - YouView Support
    Please let forum know how you get on & if you need more help, I'm sure someone else will be able to assist, inc. the Youview team Monday-Friday. John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,059 ✭✭✭
    @Mcmck

I see you have visited the BT TV Community, and described your problem there, which is also a good move.

What you describe is more likely a software fault than a hardware manufacturing fault, which is why changing the box hasn’t changed the behaviour.

So the good news is that it is likely to be something that will get fixed in an upcoming software release.

The intriguing thing about your issue, though, is that you see to be able to provoke it repeatedly, where the other bugs in the thread you posted are different.

So there is probably something about your environment, your broadcasting area, or your pattern of usage provoking the issue; it would be good to try and isolate what it is, the better for BT to know how to remedy it.

‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris