Software Updates

NickStuartNickStuart Member Posts: 4
Everytime I turn my 2018 Humax T2000 500GB on I have to do a (Recommended) Software re-set. My box is not permanently connected to the internet but I have connected it and downloaded the most current software version. Humax have told me as it's a software issue it's nothing to do with them and all they can suggest is that if I can't get any help from youview that I do a factory re-set on the box which will lose all my recordings.

Could anyone offer any advice please.

Comments

• joneshjonesh Member, Super User Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭
    edited 15 March 2022, 2:25PM
    Everytime I turn my 2018 Humax T2000 500GB on I have to do a (Recommended) Software re-set. My box is not permanently connected to the internet but I have connected it and downloaded the most current software version. Humax have told me as it's a software issue it's nothing to do with them and all they can suggest is that if I can't get any help from youview that I do a factory re-set on the box which will lose all my recordings.

edit:
    It's just occurred to me that by a (Recommended) Software re-set you mean a Maintenance Mode Option 2. If that is the case, then connect your box to the internet and try an MM4.

There are Maintenance Mode software resets that don't delete your recordings. Instructions for doing them are given here:
    The instructions are slightly different for each box model. Try MM Option 2 first. If it doesn't sort out the problem, connect your box to the internet and try Option 4. 
    Before you try a Maintenance Mode reset, it might be worth leaving your box connected to the internet in standby overnight. It might sort itself out by itself.

Was your box behaving correctly before you connected it to the internet to download the most recent software version?
  • NickStuartNickStuart Member Posts: 4
    No it wasn't. It was the same as it is now i.e. needing to be updated all the time. Connecting to the internet and updating the software hasn't made any difference.
    Thanks for your reply.
    jonesh said:

edit:
    It's just occurred to me that by a (Recommended) Software re-set you mean a Maintenance Mode Option 2. If that is the case, then connect your box to the internet and try an MM4.

There are Maintenance Mode software resets that don't delete your recordings. Instructions for doing them are given here:
    The instructions are slightly different for each box model. Try MM Option 2 first. If it doesn't sort out the problem, connect your box to the internet and try Option 4. 
    Before you try a Maintenance Mode reset, it might be worth leaving your box connected to the internet in standby overnight. It might sort itself out by itself.

I get options to reset the software without needing to be connected to the internet and with, or without, deleting my recordings. I'll have to work my way through the options and try them all.

Thanks for your reply
    I get options to reset the software without needing to be connected to the internet and with, or without, deleting my recordings. I'll have to work my way through the options and try them all.

Thanks for your reply
    Maintenance Mode 2 re-installs the software from a stored copy. MM 4 installs a new copy downloaded from the internet. MMs 3 and 5 add re-formatting the HDD to 2 and 4.
    No it wasn't. It was the same as it is now i.e. needing to be updated all the time. Connecting to the internet and updating the software hasn't made any difference.
    Thanks for your reply.
    That indicates that there is some other issue, possibly HDD corruption. An MM 3 or 5 should rectify that, but you would lose your recordings.
    If that doesn't solve the problem, there might be a hardware fault, but hopefully not.