STV Player

alandavvaalandavva Member Posts: 3
The STV app within my Youview app on my Sony TV has just stopped streaming programmes. The adverts play but the programme doesn’t, literally just buffers for 30 seconds or so and tells me that there is a problem and to check my connection. All other apps are working fine, iPlayer, 4 & my5……..Any ideas how to solve this?, tried rebooting both router and tv to no avail. 

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,270 ✭✭✭
    alandavva said:
    The STV app within my Youview app on my Sony TV has just stopped streaming programmes. The adverts play but the programme doesn’t, literally just buffers for 30 seconds or so and tells me that there is a problem and to check my connection. All other apps are working fine, iPlayer, 4 & my5……..Any ideas how to solve this?, tried rebooting both router and tv to no avail. 
    Greetings @alandavva and welcome to the Community!

Could you try the following below:
    Press ‘Home’ on your Sony remote
    Scroll down to 'Settings'
    In the TV section scroll right to 'Apps'
    Go to 'System Apps'
    Hold the right button and scroll to end to 'YVServiceHostAPK'
    Select 'Clear Cache' and press 'OK'
    Then select 'Clear Data' and press 'OK'
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • alandavvaalandavva Member Posts: 3
    Tried this but it hasn’t solved the issue
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,270 ✭✭✭
    alandavva said:
    Tried this but it hasn’t solved the issue
    @alandavva

Thats a shame, as it often solves issues like this.

Can you try the STV player on any other device you may have, to see if you get the same issue? As the transition from adverts back to programme content (which comes from a different server) seems to be the Achilles’ heel of every player that shows adverts; though, amazingly, they all seem to be able to make the transition from programme content to adverts perfectly. Funny, that…..

If not, have you considered a Factory Reset of the Sony TV?

The Sony Community  
    https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/bd-p/Android_TV
    usually recommend this, when they aren’t recommending checking that you have the latest software update installed.

But there is not much YouView expertise to be had on there any more 😢
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • alandavvaalandavva Member Posts: 3
    Yes, still getting STV player on all other devices, so doesn’t appear to be a problem with my account
  • spellboundspellbound Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I have exactly the same issue - using the STV player within the YV live/catchup app on a Sony 80j. The problem started about 6 weeks ago, up until then it was working fine.
    STV player works fine on my BT box.

Have reset the tv several times - STV app starts plays a few advert,  then as soon as the program is about to start buffers and errors.
  • SarahSarah Member Posts: 1,812 admin
    Hi, I have exactly the same issue - using the STV player within the YV live/catchup app on a Sony 80j. The problem started about 6 weeks ago, up until then it was working fine.
    STV player works fine on my BT box.

Have reset the tv several times - STV app starts plays a few advert,  then as soon as the program is about to start buffers and errors.
    Hi @spellbound
    Welcome to the forum :) 
    Can you let us know the full model number of your TV? It'd also be useful to know some examples of content (programme name & series/episode numbers) so we can try and test on our end (@alandavva could you let us know this as well?).
    Thanks,
    Sarah
  • spellboundspellbound Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the welcome Sarah.

It's mainly obvious on Coronation  Street , both from trying to launch from within the tv guide or launching the stv app and trying to view manually.

Sony Bravia XR-55A80J

It seems to play all the ads but as it tries to start the actual  episode it just spins and spins then aborts.

• RohitRohit Administrator, Super User Posts: 27 admin
    Hi @alandavva, @spellbound.

STV have updated their app today with some fixes for playback issues on Sony TVs. Please could you let us know if you're still having any problems?

Thanks,
    Rohit