TalkTalk Launch Netgem Powered TV 4K Box

jimbjimb Member, Super User Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭
edited 22 March 2022, 8:35AM in News
"Budget conscious UK ISP TalkTalk has today finally made their new Netgem powered pay TV (IPTV) platform and “TV 4K Box” device available to both new and existing customers on their fibre broadband plans (FTTC and FTTP)."

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2022/03/broadband-isp-talktalk-uk-launch-netgem-powered-tv-4k-box.html

So this is now available on all their fibre plans not just their "Future Fibre" plan (FTTP).

Comments

• jimbjimb Member, Super User Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭
    So much for my naive optimism about a new YouView box from TalkTalk  :(
  • Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Member, Super User Posts: 717 ✭✭
    And for the defection from YouView to TalkTalk.
    Rumours do persist though.
    I've also heard that the YouView boxes don't work on FTTP, for some reason, which seems strange.
    edited 22 March 2022, 1:45PM
    @Sarah can you comment on if Youview boxes like the 372T, 360T and T2*** are incompatible with Faster Fibre (FTTP) please as seems strange if they are not?

Update: been told now , no boost channels, but more importantly from YouView perspective, they may not receive any updates.

Any comments on this and any other features that rely on an internet connection (thumbnails etc) that may not work?

Thank you.
  • SarahSarah Member Posts: 1,812 admin
    @Sarah can you comment on if Youview boxes like the 372T, 360T and T2*** are incompatible with Faster Fibre (FTTP) please as seems strange if they are not?

Update: been told now , no boost channels, but more importantly from YouView perspective, they may not receive any updates.

Any comments on this and any other features that rely on an internet connection (thumbnails etc) that may not work?

Thank you.
    Hi Steve, 
    TalkTalk have confirmed to us that YouView TalkTalk devices do work with FTTP. 
    Thanks,
    Sarah
    Possibly a left hand right hand thing then @Sarah.

I couldn't see that they shouldn't work.