Bt tv box pro recording problem

bigsambwfcbigsambwfc Member Posts: 1
How can I record 4 sport channels at same time as stated in instruction book,mine will only let me record 2 at once and I must watch one of them as it wont let me watch any other channel.This is HD on Sky sports,BT sports and Eurosport.Freeview channels I can record 4.Have I been sold a lie?

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭
    edited 23 March 2022, 8:10PM
    @bigsambwfc

Greetings, and welcome to the Community!

As you can indeed record four Freeview channels, no you haven’t been sold a lie.

But you might have rented an imprecision from BT 😢

Have you got Boost with your Now subscription? It’s possible you are limited to one Now channel (or two if you jump through some very specific hoops) unless you have Boost, which will let you have three.

(Assuming each recording channel is seen by Now as a separate device).

I can’t answer for the other two services, though.

But what you need to do here is take this up with BT TV, as BT supplied you with this box, they are responsible for the contents of the manual, and they operate the IP channels you are being limited by.

Maybe by phone, or maybe by posting in:-
    https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-TV/ct-p/BTVision
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 898 ✭✭
    How can I record 4 sport channels at same time as stated in instruction book,mine will only let me record 2 at once and I must watch one of them as it wont let me watch any other channel.This is HD on Sky sports,BT sports and Eurosport.Freeview channels I can record 4.Have I been sold a lie?
    As you have found freeview channels and subscription channels are two completely different beasts. 
    You will never be able to utilise the pro boxes four tuners on subscription channels. 
    Probably down to licensing etc but it's never going to happen. 
    Ignore this if you disagree.