You view box

jfoxjfox Member Posts: 1
After 3 months of not having internet finally got sorted today and found my youview box is not working, no power at all?

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭
    jfox said:
    After 3 months of not having internet finally got sorted today and found my youview box is not working, no power at all?
    Greetings @jfox, and welcome to the Community!

What make and model of YouView box is it? Is it on subscription with BT, or anybody else?

Is the power supply, if separate, warm to the touch? If you have a voltmeter, can you measure what the voltage is, if any, from the power supply?

But in the case of no power, we need to go right back to fundamentals, and answer some damn silly questions:-

Is it plugged in? 

Follow the wire back from the box or power supply and ensure it is; if you have the sort of rat’s nest of cables I have behind my AV, it’s easy to think that one of the plugs you can see plugged in is the one for the YouView box when maybe it isn’t?

If on a switchable wall switch or extender cable, is that plugged in and switched on?

Maybe get another portable mains-driven appliance - a lamp, a kettle or whatever - and check that works in whatever socket the YouView box is plugged into?

Try the cable to the power supply on something else that uses a figure 8 2-pin input, check that works?

Check the fuse in the plug on the cable to the YouView box hasn’t blown?

And come back and report your results.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • joneshjonesh Member, Super User Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭
    Some Youview boxes have a power switch on the back. If yours has got one, have you inadvertently switched it to off?
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 898 ✭✭
    edited 28 March 2022, 8:48PM
    jfox said:
    Won't ask why you've struggled to get a Internet connection for several months( not Virgin by any chance?)
    Anyways no power now your finally got connected..... (stop laughing at the back)

Check it's actually switched on as the Jonesh suggested or failing that check the fuse in the plug. 

Ignore this if you disagree.