OMG - just how slow is the T2100 these days

Tim CTim C Member, Super User Posts: 601 ✭✭
Yesterday I connected my spare T2100 - I use a T4000 normally - to check out my spare aerial.

I just couldn't believe how slow it is to respond to remote key presses.

Use to be fine until the latest UI changes but now I just wouldn't be able to live with it. The T4000 is obviously a lot quicker but the UI changes have impacted that as well.

Fortunately I use Plusnet controllers that are a single press to get to my recordings with the MyView button instead of BT Player.

I noted a comment the other day about the Manhattan T3R and how much quicker it is than the Youview boxes. My Panasonic HWT150 is absolutely supersonic compared to Youview with a single key press turning it on and the TV , switching to the TV and being in my recordings within 2-3 seconds.

Comments

• kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 882 ✭✭
    It's akin to parking your new ford mustang and taking a ford popular for a spin.
    The BT pro box is the new standard for youview (manhattan is freeview play not youview) and easily available on eBay etc.
    Ignore this if you disagree. 
  • redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,351 ✭✭✭
    edited 21 April 2022, 1:57PM
    My T2000 retail box, although rarely pressed into service these days, is working great considering its age. I just checked it out for the first time in a while and was pleasantly surprised. Is this a reflection on BT-specific software perhaps? Or even the remote? My mum has one of these and the whole kit and caboodle needed swapping out twice before it worked satisfactorily. 
  • Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Member, Super User Posts: 581 ✭✭
    My TalkTalk 372T box is now miles faster that my T2000. I never thought I'd be saying that.
    Guess which one still has the old UI?
    edited 21 April 2022, 4:22PM
    I have never used a TalkTalk box so I can't compare I'm afraid. And has the UI changed recently and I haven't noticed? 
    Mmmn, I do have 2 T2000 boxes, one is the new interface the other the old, which is still faster than the 372T box.
    Possibly can't answer more as I may have lost track of NDA issues in this regards.
    Just checked, software up to date.

TalkTalk boxes still have the old UI. 
    edited 21 April 2022, 8:02PM
    OK, no idea what that looks like? This one has been around for a long time now. 
    Here you are

• Tim CTim C Member, Super User Posts: 601 ✭✭
    If only they'd stuck to the old UI as above.
    Thanks @Stevef_fr8ys, how quickly one forgets!
    As an aside, when I checked out my box yesterday I was astonished to find that there was a mere 2% of recording space available, it was a surprise that the machine hadn't keeled over! On checking the library the situation was much improved after removing the series recordings of 179 episodes of The Real Housewives of Cheshire and 235 of Classic Coronation Street. The culprit is unknown. Ahem. 
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 882 ✭✭
    Watch it Redmester,  your going dangerously close to being off topic...and we all know the consequences of that one.
    Ignore this if you disagree. 
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,270 ✭✭✭
    edited 22 April 2022, 9:39PM
    redchiz said:
    As an aside, when I checked out my box yesterday I was astonished to find that there was a mere 2% of recording space available, it was a surprise that the machine hadn't keeled over! On checking the library the situation was much improved after removing the series recordings of 179 episodes of The Real Housewives of Cheshire and 235 of Classic Coronation Street. The culprit is unknown. Ahem. 
    @redchiz

Unless you have locked all your recordings, the box will delete the oldest when you record something new. That’s how it stays on an even keel, no matter how many 50’s musicals you might record.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭
    Mines fine.
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.