Huawei DN372T.01.02.P YouView YVM217

helenjkayhelenjkay Member Posts: 1
Deleted loads of programmes but still showing only 1% free. Programmes "Failed to record" and ones already recorded have blank screen now when I try to watch. Help!! Do I need to factory reset or scrap? There go all my recordings! Ah TalkTalk!!
Any ideas what to do?
Thanks

Comments

• redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,351 ✭✭✭
    Hi @helenjkay and welcome. 🙂

Don't despair just yet, have you tried a maintenance mode reset, option 2, or 3, which will retain your current recordings if successful. 

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/box-and-remote/using-maintenance-mode/
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,270 ✭✭✭
    edited 27 April 2022, 7:14PM
    redchiz said:
    Hi @helenjkay and welcome. 🙂

Don't despair just yet, have you tried a maintenance mode reset, option 2, or 3, which will retain your current recordings if successful. 

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/box-and-remote/using-maintenance-mode/
    @helenjkay @redchiz

Er, not 3. That one wipes your recordings 😢

Perhaps you meant 4, which also retains them?

And Helen, before trying a 2, make sure your box still connects to the internet. (If you can start the BBC iPlayer and view something, doesn’t matter what, then you are fine).

However, while the above is certainly the first thing to try, and we can hope it does fix things, the symptoms you are having sound like disc corruption. 

From which the only way back is to watch all the recordings you can, and then do an Option 5, which should straighten out the disc if it is not actual hardware corruption, but at the cost of losing any remaining recordings.

However, let’s hope it’s not that.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,351 ✭✭✭
    @Roy @helenjkay My bad, I should of course have said if all else fails.