BT customers to be moved to EE as BT slowly becomes EE.

DarrenDarren Member, Super User Posts: 578 ✭✭
Link that was posted over on the BT Community forums.
BT shake-up: Customers to be moved to EE | RXTV info
Says the EE branding will also include BT TV at some point.
«1

Comments

  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 882 ✭✭
    Last October my mobile phone contract with BT mobile was up...rang to do the annual give me a offer or leave spiel and I was offered a deal with EE (unlimited data,  BT sport ultimate on the big screen as opposed to just the app) for £22.50.
    The lad said then they were being instructed to direct all BT mobile customers to better deals on EE.
    Ignore this if you disagree. 
  • redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,351 ✭✭✭
    That is a major step, dropping such an old and established brand. 
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 882 ✭✭
    Therein lies the problem "old" is a killer in the tech world,  plus BT is too strongly associated with landlines. 
    Ignore this if you disagree. 
  • redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,351 ✭✭✭
    True enough. I believe Lloyds Bank are to rebrand as Horsey McHorseface to get down with the kids. 
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 882 ✭✭
    edited 28 April 2022, 12:40PM
    Strange analogy..
    Rapidly becoming extinct on the high St institutions. 
    I rest my case 

    In the youview tradition of going off topic 
    My stepson worked on Bertie Mcboat face at Birkenhead. 
    All the families were given a tour of the ship..
    Next level impressive 
    Ignore this if you disagree. 
  • redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,351 ✭✭✭
    My grandad worked at Cammell Laird's.  🙂
  • redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,351 ✭✭✭
    Back on topic: I wonder how they will brand BT Sport going forwards, especially given the joint venture with Warner Bros Discovery?
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 882 ✭✭
    Probably come under the euro sports banner, just see it now.... subscribe to Discovery + and watch Premier/Champions league football.

    Ignore this if you disagree. 
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,274 ✭✭✭
    kodikid said:
    Last October my mobile phone contract with BT mobile was up...rang to do the annual give me a offer or leave spiel and I was offered a deal with EE (unlimited data,  BT sport ultimate on the big screen as opposed to just the app) for £22.50.
    The lad said then they were being instructed to direct all BT mobile customers to better deals on EE.
    So if you have BT Broadband and BT Mobile at the switchover point, you will be switched to EE, but if you have broadband only, you will stay with BT?

    So for current Broadband and Mobile customers, being switched to EE for Mobile means you won’t later be switched to EE broadband?

    Seems odd….

    Or will they comb EE contracts for the overlap with BT?

    I have BT Broadband, but nothing else from BT, a T-Mobile (now merged with EE but the phone still says T-Mobile for the service) phone contract and an EE sim in my iPad.

    Let’s see them sort that lot out 😛
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,351 ✭✭✭
    edited 28 April 2022, 3:42PM
    @Roy I trust that comment was fully tongue-in-cheek and you have read the full details of this rebranding, rather than relying on the strange and unrelated tale of another poster's experience with BT Mobile.  🙂
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,274 ✭✭✭
    redchiz said:
    @Roy I trust that comment was fully tongue-in-cheek and you have read the full details of this rebranding, rather than relying on the strange and unrelated tale of another poster's experience with BT Mobile.  🙂
    @redchiz

    You trust incorrectly then, though I have of course read the released details of the rebranding.

    But now I am just off to play Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon…..
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 882 ✭✭
    edited 28 April 2022, 4:20PM
    Wonder if Kevin Bacon Shurn Bean Stephen Fry and Meatloaf ever got together over breakfast with OJ Simpson. 
    Ignore this if you disagree. 
  • redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,351 ✭✭✭
    @Roy

    Got it in two, I met Martin Sheen many years ago who has worked with Kevin Bacon.  🙂
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 882 ✭✭
    edited 28 April 2022, 4:30PM
    redchiz said:
    @Roy

    Got it in two, I met Martin Sheen many years ago who has worked with Kevin Bacon.  🙂
    Keep it clean..
     Mr Sheen to you.
    Ignore this if you disagree. 
  • redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,351 ✭✭✭
    Not funny. One of my favourite actors. And a proper gent when I met him. Legend. Wish he really had been US President!
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 882 ✭✭
    edited 29 April 2022, 3:20AM
    Like his dad 


    Ignore this if you disagree. 
  • redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,351 ✭✭✭
    What?
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 882 ✭✭
    edited 28 April 2022, 5:40PM
    Thought my experience with BT mobile was totally relevant as it pointed to BT mobile being taken over by EE
    Ignore this if you disagree. 
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,274 ✭✭✭
    kodikid said:
    Wonder if Kevin Bacon Shurn Bean Stephen Fry and Meatloaf ever got together over breakfast with OJ Simpson. 
    If they did, I hope Stephen Fry brought the Wooster sauce…
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,351 ✭✭✭
    kodikid said:
    Thought my experience with BT mobile was totally relevant as it pointed to BT mobile being taken over by EE
    Um, I think you have that the other way around. 
  • DarrenDarren Member, Super User Posts: 578 ✭✭
    As of a few weeks ago I now only have BT FTTC and landline. 
    So from what I been reading I will still be with BT for now till they move over to EE. Unless I decide to move to another isp come March next year.
  • redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,351 ✭✭✭
    @Darren It looks like it really is just going to be a name change as far as I can make out. And you will remain free to stay with BT/EE or whatever they to choose to call themselves, or move to any other provider, as you are now.
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭
    edited 28 April 2022, 9:39PM
    On mobile I've been with EE for over 15 years. Never had a problem with either them or the coverage. Always got a discount at renewal as well, when contacted.
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
  • AnaglyptaAnaglypta Member, Super User Posts: 860 ✭✭✭
    Roy said:
    kodikid said:
    Wonder if Kevin Bacon Shurn Bean Stephen Fry and Meatloaf ever got together over breakfast with OJ Simpson. 
    If they did, I hope Stephen Fry brought the Wooster sauce…

    I'd recommend substituting Stephen Fry with George Forman for a healthier option. :D
    John.
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton
  • redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,351 ✭✭✭
    Visionman said:
    On mobile I've been with EE for over 15 years. Never had a problem with either them or the coverage. Always got a discount at renewal as well, when contacted.
    That is impressive, seeing as they have only been in existence for 12 years. 
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,274 ✭✭✭
    redchiz said:
    kodikid said:
    Thought my experience with BT mobile was totally relevant as it pointed to BT mobile being taken over by EE
    Um, I think you have that the other way around. 
    @redchiz

    AIUI, after the switch, there won’t be any BT Mobile, just EE mobile, and BT mobile customers will be moved across.

    You could take issue with @kodikid’s exact syntax, but it’s certainly that way round.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,274 ✭✭✭
    edited 28 April 2022, 10:57PM
    Darren said:
    As of a few weeks ago I now only have BT FTTC and landline. 
    So from what I been reading I will still be with BT for now till they move over to EE. Unless I decide to move to another isp come March next year.
    @Darren

    My interpretation of the content of the link above is that as a BT broadband and landline customer with no other BT services, you will remain with BT even after the switch, if you don’t migrate away from BT, or take any other BT services, before the switch date.

    Anybody read it differently?
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,274 ✭✭✭
    redchiz said:
    Visionman said:
    On mobile I've been with EE for over 15 years. Never had a problem with either them or the coverage. Always got a discount at renewal as well, when contacted.
    That is impressive, seeing as they have only been in existence for 12 years. 
    @redchiz @Visionman

    EE didn’t come from nowhere - it started with the existing Orange and T-Mobile subscriber bases. I was one of the T-Mobile customers rolled seamlessly into EE, and indeed while my contact is now with EE, my phone still shows T-Mobile as my provider.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,274 ✭✭✭
    edited 28 April 2022, 11:10PM
    Anaglypta said:
    Roy said:
    kodikid said:
    Wonder if Kevin Bacon Shurn Bean Stephen Fry and Meatloaf ever got together over breakfast with OJ Simpson. 
    If they did, I hope Stephen Fry brought the Wooster sauce…

    I'd recommend substituting Stephen Fry with George Foreman for a healthier option. :D
    John.
    @Anaglypta

    What, brawn over brains?

    But I’m sticking with my local chippie as they give Frequent Fryer miles 😛
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭
    edited 29 April 2022, 6:13PM
    Roy said:
    @redchiz @Visionman

    EE didn’t come from nowhere - it started with the existing Orange and T-Mobile subscriber bases. I was one of the T-Mobile customers rolled seamlessly into EE, and indeed while my contact is now with EE, my phone still shows T-Mobile as my provider.

     Yes. This. Although I was with Orange. EE - Faultless 4G coverage and faultless CS when needed. Not bad for a tenner a month.
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
Sign In or Register to comment.