BT customers to be moved to EE as BT slowly becomes EE.

2»

Comments

• kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 882 ✭✭
    Some of us remember one to one and Rabbit (great name for communications company)
    Ignore this if you disagree. 
    edited 13 May 2022, 4:02PM
    kodikid said:
    Probably come under the euro sports banner, just see it now.... subscribe to Discovery + and watch Premier/Champions league football.

BT announced yesterday that they are joining with Discovery (Eurosport) in a 50/50 content sharing deal. 
    Apparently BT sport will keep its name "for now" which sounds pretty ominous. 
  • DarrenDarren Member, Super User Posts: 577 ✭✭
    kodikid said:
    kodikid said:
    Probably come under the euro sports banner, just see it now.... subscribe to Discovery + and watch Premier/Champions league football.

BT announced yesterday that they are joining with Discovery (Eurosport) in a 50/50 content sharing deal. 
    Apparently BT sport will keep its name "for now" which sounds pretty ominous. 
    Thanks for the update. 

Thanks Darren. 
    Bit of a strange one this, I have BT sport as part of my EE deal so god knows what will happen in the future. 
    As a Liverpool fan having access to UCL is obligatory but got a bad feeling all the BT/EE deals will vanish. 
  • redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,351 ✭✭✭
    The current BT rights run until 2024 so I guess we have got a couple more years at least. 
    edited 14 May 2022, 9:50PM
    kodikid said:
    Thanks Darren. 
    Bit of a strange one this, I have BT sport as part of my EE deal so god knows what will happen in the future. 
    As a Liverpool fan having access to UCL is obligatory but got a bad feeling all the BT/EE deals will vanish. 
    I glad Liverpool won the day. Even if it was on penalties. As I don't like any of the London teams.
    I myself support my local team Dunfermline. Who have had a sort of bad session this year. I used to also like Rangers was never a big fan.
    I don't have BT Sport as I canceled it 18 months ago and as you now know as of 6 weeks ago now no longer have BT TV and now have Now direct for Entertainment, Sky Cinema. Plus HD Boost,
    I still in contract for BT FTTC for just over 8 months.
    I got a feeling also that things may change a little with the BT/Discovery deal and the slow rebranding of BT to EE. Later in the year.
    edited 15 May 2022, 12:00PM

Just gets better, apparently all those that have access to the BT Sport app will now receive Discovery + at no extra cost.
    Of course on my list of must have App's Discovery + would have been second to bottom (hello britbox) but hey what does it matter if Discovery + is chronic as there's nothing like a freebie.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,270 ✭✭✭
    edited 15 May 2022, 12:37PM
    kodikid said:

Just gets better, apparently all those that have access to the BT Sport app will now receive Discovery + at no extra cost.
    Of course on my list of must have App's Discovery + would have been second to bottom (hello britbox) but hey what does it matter if Discovery + is chronic as there's nothing like a freebie.
    @kodikid

Really? You rate RakutenTV higher than both of those???

We've just Britcanned Britbox, but RakutenTV we wouldn’t even consider in the first place. 

Disney+ has found its way into our 4 regulars, along with Prime, Netflix and Now Entertainment - we’ve just watched The Dropout, and will watch Dopesick next, neither of which is anyone’s idea of traditional Disney content, but hey….

We were pondering a rest from Netflix, maybe, after we finish Ozark, but now they have The Lincoln Lawyer, which if it is half as good as Bosch and Bosch:Legacy on Prime, will keep us subscribing.

In other news, we’ve just kicked our Echo Show into touch - doesn’t keep timers on the screen, doesn’t show what’s playing on Classic FM, only tells us about Amazon deliveries when the stuff came two hours ago and I’ve already tossed the packaging, and other sundry infarctions. We’ve told Alexa this, and she’s sulking, but the Nest Hub Max is bumping her to the back bedroom this afternoon 😛
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
    Hey @kodikid so how do you access Discovery+, precisely? 
    edited 15 May 2022, 12:24PM
    I stand corrected,  that is so bad I mentally blocked it from my mind, britbox is pants though and due to be swallowed up by itvx this December. 
    Morning Redchiz.
    In the same way you access star on Disney + or peacock on now tv.
    I can't see discovery+ on my BT Sport app?

Sorry Red my fault for duff info , 
    It's the classic coming soon scenario.
    Probably in time for the new season. 
    edited 15 May 2022, 7:26PM
    Roy said:
    kodikid said:

@kodikid

Really? You rate RakutenTV higher than both of those???

We've just Britcanned Britbox, but RakutenTV we wouldn’t even consider in the first place. 

Disney+ has found its way into our 4 regulars, along with Prime, Netflix and Now Entertainment - we’ve just watched The Dropout, and will watch Dopesick next, neither of which is anyone’s idea of traditional Disney content, but hey….

We were pondering a rest from Netflix, maybe, after we finish Ozark, but now they have The Lincoln Lawyer, which if it is half as good as Bosch and Bosch:Legacy on Prime, will keep us subscribing.

In other news, we’ve just kicked our Echo Show into touch - doesn’t keep timers on the screen, doesn’t show what’s playing on Classic FM, only tells us about Amazon deliveries when the stuff came two hours ago and I’ve already tossed the packaging, and other sundry infarctions. We’ve told Alexa this, and she’s sulking, but the Nest Hub Max is bumping her to the back bedroom this afternoon 😛
    @Roy I agree over the last 5 or 6 months Disney + has slowly become one of the top apps I now watch the most on my Amazon Firestick.
    I do still use Prime, Netflix and Now. As will as at time some of the free apps. Like All4, BBCi Player, UK TV Player and Freevee and occasionally ITV Hub. Not like the STV Player.
    Pluto TV is ok but I only watch it occasionally.
    I love my 4 Amazon Echos(Alexa).Yes once in a while they dont always do what you tell it.