New look??

kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 1,076 ✭✭
Is it my phone or has youview community a new ( aka inferior) look?
Deacon Blue hit from October 88

Comments

• Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Member, Super User Posts: 681 ✭✭
    Its been updated on mobile.

you can blame me as I raised an issue that I couldn't flag an issue as the "bubble" wasn't visible.

The developers updated this within days.

I was concerned that I couldnt see new posts on my phone, but the topic heading has a yellow New flash now.
  • RohitRohit Administrator Posts: 38 admin
    Thanks @Stevef_fr8ys, I should have announced this. Vanilla made a change to address an issue but it looks like it has also changed the mobile view altogether.

Please let us know of any issues found with these changes and we'll get them raised.

Rohit
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 1,076 ✭✭
    Hmmm 
  • DarrenDarren Member, Super User Posts: 652 ✭✭
    edited 4 May 2022, 8:58AM
    I have the new look Youview community forums on my iPhone but not on my iPad Mini 6.
    It's mobile phone only. My tablet has the old look too.
    Although, my tablet has the same flag issue as my phone has so an update for tablets wouldn't go amiss @rohit
    Obviously no budget for the revamp, nobody can deny is vastly inferior to what went before. 

• pjcornellypjcornelly Member Posts: 13
    I like it 😊
  • redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,437 ✭✭✭
    kodikid said:
    Obviously no budget for the revamp, nobody can deny is vastly inferior to what went before. 

Seriously bud, that's a daft comment. And already disproved. Make it subjective and that's fine. Along with all the other change averse old codgers.
    kodikid said:

Seriously? I reported an issue and within a few days there was an update to resolve it.
    Budget or not, that is a seriously quick response. 
    Hopefully, now that @rohit managed to do this for phones, the code is there for the developers to tweak for tablets.
  • DarrenDarren Member, Super User Posts: 652 ✭✭
    edited 4 May 2022, 9:21PM
    The new look forums seem to be a times now trying to load on my iPad Mini 6 but don't always fully loading.
  • John LJohn L Member, Super User Posts: 904 ✭✭
    Looks terrible on smartphone! Just tried using it. Is this here for the foreseeable future or just a nightmare and I'm just dreaming? John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
    edited 5 May 2022, 7:04PM
    Couldn't agree more John. 
    At first when people started to wax lyrical I thought it must be my phone. 
    Last weekend upgraded to the S22 ultra and still in the process of setting it up.

edited 5 May 2022, 7:32PM
    kodikid said:
    Couldn't agree more John. 
    At first when people started to wax lyrical I thought it must be my phone. 
    Last weekend upgraded to the S22 ultra and still in the process of sitting it up.

Here you go:

• jimbjimb Member, Super User Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭
    edited 5 May 2022, 7:34PM
    ... Last weekend upgraded to the S22 ultra and still in the process of setting it up
    @redchiz don't you just hate it when someone edits their post and spoils the joke? 
    @jimb Two can play at that game.  😉
    redchiz said:
    @jimb Two can play at that game.  😉
    Unless of course you play for man City.

😂😂😂
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭
    edited 6 May 2022, 1:34PM
    @Rohit

Please put the Community back how it was. 

Whatever has been fixed, it can’t be worse to have that problem rather than this festering mishmash!

I don’t know if it’s worse on an iPad or what, but I am seeing tons of extraneous information that was previously hidden (though I could always access it if I wanted), now brought out where I don’t want it, at the expense of what I do want to see.

And the headings you can see overlaid, don’t stay overlaid, they slide up and down.

It’s awful; and is this what everyone else sees?

‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
    Thanks - that was quick!
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
    On my Kindle Fire HD8 I see the old style layout. As below.

It also means that if I want to flag something I also have the same issue I previously had on my phone, that the selection bubble is not visible as below.

@Stevef_fr8ys What about if you hold it sideways i.e. landscape? 
    And this is the view I get on my phone (Motorola) using an edge browser. Not had any issues using this new style at all.
    I think the look is cleaner.

• joneshjonesh Member, Super User Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭
    Is it possible for me to change what is displayed on the new screen?
    With the old screen I could go straight from the home screen to the most recent post in a thread by tapping on the time that it was posted. I can't do that in the new screen because the time of the most recent post isn't shown. I can tap the page number and scroll down, but the page numbers are close together. I find it too easy to tap on the adjacent page number by mistake.
    You should get a new flash if any new posts you have not read. I do and then clicking on that topic I go to the latest unread post.
    No flash, no new post.
    redchiz said:
    @Stevef_fr8ys What about if you hold it sideways i.e. landscape? 
    First thing I tried.
    Programmers replicated it immediately and decided to change the view.
    Been like that for years, but I dropped the comment in a discussion I was having on another topic, as I could only use flag on the PC.
    jimb said:
    ... Last weekend upgraded to the S22 ultra and still in the process of setting it up
    @redchiz don't you just hate it when someone edits their post and spoils the joke? 
    @jimb

Thats why we have learned to quote him 😛
    You should get a new flash if any new posts you have not read. I do and then clicking on that topic I go to the latest unread post.
    No flash, no new post.
    I get a New flash @Stevef_fr8ys. Clicking on the topic sends me to the latest unread post.
    I can't find a way of going directly from the Home screen to the most recent post in a topic that I have looked at and decided to go back to later.
    The new screen would be fine if that feature could be added. Otherwise I would prefer the old screen to be reinstated.
    @jonesh, to me it seems to work the same as the old screens in that the topics appear in newest post first order, and if you go into a topic, it goes to the latest post, or am I missing something here.
    Agree the latest post date is missing, but the New flash works for that, and if you want to go back to a topic to read later, it's there to do so.
    If it's not working for you suggest you give more details so @Rohit can look into.

@jonesh, to me it seems to work the same as the old screens in that the topics appear in newest post first order, and if you go into a topic, it goes to the latest post, or am I missing something here.
    Agree the latest post date is missing, but the New flash works for that, and if you want to go back to a topic to read later, it's there to do so.
    If it's not working for you suggest you give more details so @Rohit can look into.
    Somebody is listening @Stevef_fr8ys
    Previously it went to the first post in a thread. Now it goes to the most recent post.
    All is well.  :)