Prime Video App not loading

triscoetriscoe Member Posts: 1
Evening, I wondered if people could check if their Prime Video app is loading please?

I've ended on this forum from a link from a post from 2019 where it appeared that it suddenly stopped working for people, and Amazon Prime Video fixed it overnight.

Was watching it earlier, and it suddenly crashed and I had to restart the whole box. But now it won't load. Just shows the loading graphic, but then goes back to previous screen.

I have a BT YouView box. Humax DTRT2100. Software and Apps up to date. Restarted the box numerous times etc.

I don't want to do a factory reset though as I don't want to lose my recordings, so be great if a few of you could check if it is working for you.

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• RohitRohit Administrator, Super User Posts: 27 admin
    Hi @triscoe, we are aware of an issue with the Amazon Prime Video app not loading on some of our boxes this evening. We are looking into this and it should be working again soon so please hold off performing a factory reset.

Apologies for the interruption in service!

- Rohit
  • katie15akatie15a Member Posts: 1
    Mine mine isn’t loading and also my mum’s. Assume nothing to do with Amazon as can watch Prime Video on laptop/iPad etc. I suppose we just have to wait for them to fix it but my mum is missing her tennis matches.
  • skillerskiller Member Posts: 300 ✭✭
    Oh yes, I've just checked my BT T2100 (32.135.0 / 3.7.216) and when I try to launch Prime Video the screen goes black for a few seconds then goes back to the YouView menu I was at.

I've tried a soft reset (hold power button for 8 seconds) and the same problem persists.

I don't know how long this has been a problem as I have a better (4K) version on the TV itself so no need to use the T2100 version. Seems like a problem that needs to be fixed though, obviously.
  • RohitRohit Administrator, Super User Posts: 27 admin
    Hi all,

The app should now be working again.

- Rohit
  • skillerskiller Member Posts: 300 ✭✭
    Thanks, Rohit. Happy to report it is now working again on my T2100.  :)