Internet Connection

SonsdadSonsdad Member Posts: 3
I have a Humax2100 box that is not finding internet. Tried resetting the box to no avail. 

Is this a known fault? 

Comments

• Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Member, Super User Posts: 581 ✭✭
    Who is your ISP, and how are you connecting the box to your router? Direct or via powerline plugs?

Can you get the iPlayer to work and play content, or is it other content from you internet provider that will not play.

If you can provide a bit more detail someone here should be able to help.

Also, what reset have you already tried?
  • SonsdadSonsdad Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the reply, I am with BT. Took it to a Reset keeping recordings.
    It won’t play content. Its connected via a Powerline Adaptor 
  • Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Member, Super User Posts: 581 ✭✭
    Have you checked the powerlines with another internet connected device, such as a laptop, or smart TV? If these work it will eliminate these and the ethernet cable as a source of issue.
    If that doesn't work, try changing the cable for another and resetting the powerline plugs.
  • SonsdadSonsdad Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for this, I will try it Asap
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,274 ✭✭✭
    Sonsdad said:
    Thanks for this, I will try it Asap
    @Sonsdad

Anything you test this with, be sure to disable its WiFi temporarily, yes? So you know that the only path to the router is over the Ethernet cables and PLAs, just as it is for the YouView box.

And that reset, it was a ‘touch the On/Standby button for just over 8 seconds’ reset, not just a power cycle?

As a Maintenance Mode reset on a non-connecting box won’t recover without @Stephen’s special sauce….
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris