Missing channels

tawarotawaro Member Posts: 1
I am no longer able to receive channel 5+1 or 5 usa. I've retuned my talktalk freeview box several times. I am unable to retune manually. Any advice welcome.

Comments

• John LJohn L Member, Super User Posts: 868 ✭✭
    Hi @tawaro,
    Welcome to the forum.
    Have you checked if you can get other channels ok? How about QVC ch16 and Quest on ch12, all part of same multiplexer (channels are grouped into multiplexes from transmitter)

Have you checked signal strength/quality on Youview box? This can be done via settings menu and also try testing signal directly from TV's built-in tuner/check signal on this. Also check your aerial cables, booster amp if you use one. Can you get all HD channels, worth also checking signal. Could even be transmitter problem depending on where you live.

Hopefully given you some advice, if you need more help please let forum know. John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
  • Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Member, Super User Posts: 587 ✭✭
    And it might even be weather related as its been a warm day today and atmospherics are known to affect weaker signals.
    Try a retune in a couple of days and they may reappear.
    Can you get them on your TV's tuner? If So what is the signal strength and quality?