Britbox App

mac1611mac1611 Member Posts: 4
When are they going to sort out all the bugs with the Britbox app. Loading probs etc Tried to watch Grace this eve no subtitles and blue circle wont go away so gave up .Also took me ages to navigate to the episode I wanted. As a previous member said Britbox useless at resolving the probs ,so down to youview ? I have a firestick works fine there but picture quality not so good 

Comments

• kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 976 ✭✭
    They might not bother,  as from December it will cease to exist.  It's getting incorporated into the new ITVx app.
    Ignore this if you disagree. Oh wait I just remembered I don't give a 
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,411 ✭✭✭
    kodikid said:
    They might not bother,  as from December it will cease to exist.  It's getting incorporated into the new ITVx app.
    @kodikid

Incorporated, but not subsumed:-

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/itv-bbc-britbox-1235195054/

‘ITVX will integrate BritBox U.K. although the latter best-of-British offering will remain a “separate entity” within the app and require a paid subscription.’
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • AnaglyptaAnaglypta Member, Super User Posts: 862 ✭✭✭
    The Britbox app sucks on YouView! It works fine on other platforms.
    It is very slow on YouView, but used to work. Now it's very slow and rarely works first time requiring two or three relaunches before it plays a programme.
    John
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton