DN372T TalkTalk box freezing

TIME4TVTIME4TV Member Posts: 27
About 4 times a day the box when watching live or recordings will suddenly freeze and ill have to wait up to 2 mins and it unfreezes automatically, sometimes have to switch box off and on.  It's annoying when calling TalkTalk they don't understand.  This service was once great but Youview and TalkTalk I feel have lost direction.   Anyone else have the freezing issue.

Comments

• Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Member, Super User Posts: 640 ✭✭
    If you are under contract I suggest you seek help for the box on the TalkTalk help forum, but if you search YouView maintenance mode here first and follow the instructions for your box this may well help.

Please also stop spamming other threads with the same comments re YouView. One thread is enough per topic and the new look topic predates your joining here so you won't have seen that this does not relate to the box in anyway 

Thanks.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭
    edited 26 May 2022, 9:01AM
    A new broom sweeps the wrong floor 😛

Here’s the link to @Stevef_fr8ys’ good remedial suggestion:-
    https://support.youview.com/youview-box/box-and-remote/using-maintenance-mode/
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • TIME4TVTIME4TV Member Posts: 27
    Sorry if my message was in the wrong part it's not easy to navigate this forum on my phone. No offence meant just wanted to ask a question.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭
    TIME4TV said:
    Sorry if my message was in the wrong part it's not easy to navigate this forum on my phone. No offence meant just wanted to ask a question.
    @TIME4TV

We’re not clear if you are here just to have a pop at YouView as the latest manifestation of a longtime troll, or a genuine new poster with a genuine issue.

And although you are perfectly entitled to be both, it’s probably best to separate the request for help from the opinion-giving.

@Stevef_fr8ys and I are giving you more of the benefit of the doubt on that than others here might be inclined to; your response about what happens when you try Maintenance Mode (I recommend Option 2), even if it does not solve the issue, will be indicative.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris