BT TV Box Pro Software Update 4.0.216 / 0.5.228

Louise MurdochLouise Murdoch Administrator Posts: 119 admin
Please feel free to discuss the latest BT Software Update 4.0.216 / 0.5.228 for BT RTIW387 devices here. 

This update adds the Progress Bar on live channels in the Guide & Sport carousels of the Home Screen. 

Thanks,
Louise

Comments

• Chips2Chips2 Member Posts: 63
    Hi @Louise Murdoch. Does this release contain any bug fixes? And if it does do you have a list? Thanks.
  • Louise MurdochLouise Murdoch Administrator Posts: 119 admin
    Hi @Chips2

We don't publish the list of bug fixes in releases, as this is a Community forum we will only call out those which are viewer facing.

We will call out any fixes related to the standby issues you have reported when these go live :smile:

Thanks,
    Louise.
    Thanks @Louise Murdoch. Yea if they fix the standby bug please do let me know - much appreciated.
  • zulu17zulu17 Member, Super User Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭
    Is there any explanation as to when the displays change from   Just Started to , Watch Now  to xx MINS Left ?
  • StephenStephen Member Posts: 783 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 23 June 2022, 10:40AM
    zulu17 said:
    Is there any explanation as to when the displays change from   Just Started to , Watch Now  to xx MINS Left ?

Some highly confidential logic for you:
    if (durationMins > 90) {
        if (progressMins <= 15) {
            return 'Just started';
        } else if (remainingMins <= 30) {
            return `${remainingMins} Mins left`;
        }
    }

if (durationMins <= 90 && durationMins > 45) {
        if (progressMins <= 10) {
            return 'Just started';
        } else if (remainingMins <= 20) {
        }
    }

if (durationMins <= 45 && durationMins > 15) {
        if (progressMins <= 5) {
            return 'Just started';
        } else if (remainingMins <= 15) {
        }
    }

if (durationMins <= 15) {
    }

edited 23 June 2022, 6:44PM
    So latest problem, that I never used to see on the previous firmware, is that the bt tv box is set to 50hz but my tv using the hdmi-CEC from the bt box is set at 60hz so I see stutter. On the previous firmware I noticed the TV was always set to 50hz and never noticed stutter. This is on freeview. I’ve tried power cycling everything which didn’t help. And this is a much worse issue than the box locking standby issue as it’s constantly there creating a poor viewing experience. It’s the BT tv box that sets the refresh rate so there’s nothing I can do to fix it. The bt box is the cause. Very close to giving up on this bt box pro.
    Thanks to @Stephen for the logic explanation.
    An observation about the short duration programmes of 15 minutes or less duration.
    this means that if these programmes have just started ie say a  minute into their schedule, they wouldn,t show JUST STARTED or WATCH but the remaining minutes left  eg upto 14 minutes. Personally I would prefer to have just Started or simply Watch displayed for programmes within the first 5 minute’s.

I've been doing some more experimentation around this 60fps HDMI bug on the new box firmware.  The box should output at 50Hz.  It does for a short period but then after going into standby for period (say overnight) it will unexpectedly revert to 60Hz.  I can actually get it back to 50Hz by power cycling the BT TV box but within a day (usually after going into standby) it will go back to 60Hz.  It does this regardless of whether HDMI-CEC is enabled on my TV or not.  As the TV is basically only reporting the incoming refresh rate then the box is the cause of the 60Hz output. This is causing micro-stutter.  It never did this on the previous firmware.  On an related note I've not had a box lockup recently coming out of standby.  However, the 60Hz micro-stutter bug is not a minor issue and makes the box output let's say very unpleasant to watch.  I've debugged this as much as I can now so I'm not going to use the box except for viewing recordings.
    I've now had a box lock-up coming out of standby :-) .
    edited 9:22AM
    I have noticed several inaccuracies with the minutes left  display on BBC 1 / BBC 2 programming.  Eg  at 9:13 am today  BBC 1 tile had 10 minutes left  ( whereas I would expected according to guide times it to be 2 minutes left) for Breakfast.