No broadband on DTR T2110

daves001daves001 Member Posts: 2
DTR T2110 connects to my router and gets an IP address (I can see it on the router's webpage) but won't connect to the internet.  I've tried factory reset (without deleting recordings because I'd like to watch them!) and internet recovery which completed OK, but still no internet so it never gets past the setup.  So 2 questions:
1) Does anybody know of a solution for this?
2) Is the box now a brick or can I somehow get to watch my recordings?

Thanks

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,401 ✭✭✭
    daves001 said:
    DTR T2110 connects to my router and gets an IP address (I can see it on the router's webpage) but won't connect to the internet.  I've tried factory reset (without deleting recordings because I'd like to watch them!) and internet recovery which completed OK, but still no internet so it never gets past the setup.  So 2 questions:
    1) Does anybody know of a solution for this?
    2) Is the box now a brick or can I somehow get to watch my recordings?

Thanks
    Greetings, @daves001 and welcome to the Community!

In past times we would have said yes, brick alas, but if your software is up to date, @Stephen may be able to help you rescue the box, or at least get it back responding so you can watch your recordings.

No guarantees, but see what tomorrow might bring, if he is around.

”I can call spirits from the vasty deep”.
    ”Why, so can I, and so can any man.
      But will they come?”
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • StephenStephen Member Posts: 783 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just about to send @daves001 a DM, hopefully we can get everything sorted using a little bit of magic...
  • daves001daves001 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the greeting, Roy - Stephen has sent me a dm and I've tried out his suggestion but it doesn't seem to work on my box - maybe the software isn't up to date, but he says he may be able to help with that - here's hoping!