CEX now selling BT Youview boxes

DarrenDarren Member, Super User Posts: 634 ✭✭
I just found out as someone posted over on the BT Community Forums that CEX is now selling BT Youview boxes.I may go and have a look in my local CEX shop next time im up town.
https://uk.webuy.com/boxsearch?stext=Bt%20tv

Comments

• kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 1,016 ✭✭
    edited 26 June 2022, 8:08PM
    That's certainly a change of heart. 

When I tired to sell my pair of T4000’s to said outfit they said they couldn't make me a offer as they technically didn't belong to me.

As they were never sold on the retail market All BT branded boxes are the property of BT

I'm thinking BT will soon close this particular door.

Oh wait
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭
    edited 26 June 2022, 10:44PM
    kodikid said:
    That's certainly a change of heart. 

When I tried to sell my pair of T4000’s to said outfit they said they couldn't make me a offer as they technically didn't belong to me.

As they were never sold on the retail market All BT branded boxes are the property of BT

I'm thinking BT will soon close this particular door.
    @kodikid

I’m sure you are right, except for the DTR-T2110, which was BT Retail, and any boxes supplied before 19/12/2019, which could well include DTR-T4000s, available from 16/07/2015, and DTR-T2xx0s from even before that, which moved into customer ownership on the day they were delivered.

So BT can only clamp down on the Pro boxes, really, unless they can do something with the serial numbers of later T2xxx’s and T4000’s.

And I daresay you could have pushed back on your T4000s, if they predate Xmas 2019.

Though I’m pleased to see the marketplace has obviously spoken about the value of the zapper boxes 😛
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 10,282 ✭✭✭
    @kodikid - Yet again you are the chimer of doom and gloom about YouView and its demise. How many years is that now? Ah yes, since the 1st January 2020, with 5,710 posts. Which, with your constant declarations of its doom since day 1, make me wonder why you post on here at all?
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
    edited 26 June 2022, 11:05PM
    Darren said:
    I just found out as someone posted over on the BT Community Forums that CEX is now selling BT Youview boxes. I may go and have a look in my local CEX shop next time I'm up town.
    https://uk.webuy.com/boxsearch?stext=Bt%20tv
    @Darren

Now there’s one company that has ensured people say its name out in full 😛
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
    edited 27 June 2022, 9:05AM
    Darren. 
    Extremely unlikely but not impossible that your local cex has pro boxes in stock. 
    Minority stuff like this is usually bought online from the cex site.
    Bloody good price so if you are interested I wouldn’t wait too long.
    Oh wait
    kodikid said:
    Darren. 
    Extremely unlikely but not impossible that your local cex has pro boxes in stock. 
    Minority stuff like this is usually bought online from the cex site.
    Bloody good price so if you are interested I wouldn’t wait too long.
    @kodikid

Im surprised that your sensitive antennae haven’t noticed that the Pro boxes (alone) are described there as Freeview rather than YouView, and made rather more out of that than is merited, as usual?
    You know I didn't even notice.

Upset now as I've missed a chance to indulge in a bit of negatively that would wind up Visionman...dam.

Wonder what separates a "A" box from a "B" unless it's just the physical appearance which really wouldn't matter to it's actual performance. 

And as you touched upon the dear old "zappers " almost getting given away. 

Unbelievable that BT still charge a tenner for these pre historic efforts as part of it's muti room package. 

P.S.

Did you know that cex is a abbreviation of computer exchange. 
    Oh wait
  • zulu17zulu17 Member, Super User Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    Just a general observation about T4000’s , the 500gb became the standard supplied models from about March 2019  whereas the 1TB models would typically have been supplied prior to that date.
    Yes I remember BT sneaky cutting the recordable storage in half. 

One minute you got the T4000 1TB then all of a sudden it was 500gb that came with any new package. 

Think they hoped nobody would notice. 
    Oh wait
    kodikid said:
    You know I didn't even notice.

Upset now as I've missed a chance to indulge in a bit of negatively that would wind up Visionman...dam.

Wonder what separates a "A" box from a "B" unless it's just the physical appearance which really wouldn't matter to it's actual performance. 

And as you touched upon the dear old "zappers " almost getting given away. 

Unbelievable that BT still charge a tenner for these pre historic efforts as part of it's muti room package. 

P.S.

Did you know that cex is a abbreviation of computer exchange. 
    IIRC, Dam are the manufacturers of your pink-haired avatar.

Remind me again of what this product is called? 😛
    edited 27 June 2022, 8:39PM
    Can you please simplify your troll jokes. 

It's not funny if the poor troll can't enjoy it.

After all, most of your jokes go way over their heads.

Talking of jokes 

What did the fish say when he hit a wall.....DAM

Oh wait....
    Oh wait