BT Software Update - Visual Guide

Louise MurdochLouise Murdoch Administrator Posts: 125 admin
Please use this thread to discuss the software update for BT TV Box Pro devices which adds the Visual Guide replacement for the Mini Guide

What’s On Now

When watching Live TV, the Visual Guide will open when you press up, down, left, right on your remote.

What’s On Next

If you press the right button > on your remote you will be able to see what’s on next.

Comments

• zulu17zulu17 Member, Super User Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    Personally I find the original mini guide with its unobtrusive positioning at the bottom of screen to be very useful and one of the best features. if I understand correctly this replacement seems to restrict you to now and next listings . Is this correct as the ability to look forward  for programming  in the next 12 hours is one of its best features and will be sorely missed.
    edited 29 July 2022, 11:49AM
    A question .will this new visual guide list understand hidden channels you have opted to hide or will they still be listed ?
  • Tim CTim C Member, Super User Posts: 607 ✭✭
    Just glad I haven't got a Pro box.
    How many users will go "WTF is this now?" I wonder.
  • jimbjimb Member, Super User Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭
    @zulu17 yes it's just now and next. 
    But it does ignore hidden channels. 
    There is an incorrect link to the discussion thread in the Youview announcement. Instead of linking to this thread it goes to the discussion thread for the Find my Remote update.

• LukеLukе Member Posts: 70
    Is the software versions in the Youview announcement for the removal of the mini guide and its replacement also incorrect?
    The announcement states:
         Manufacturer software: 0.5.252
         Component software: 4.0.220
    but they were the versions for the Find my Remote update.

The "Latest Box Versions" page also still lists the versions of the Find my Remote update although the status description has been changed to "Visual Guide currently rolling out".

• Louise MurdochLouise Murdoch Administrator Posts: 125 admin
    Hi @Lukе

The software versions have remained the same for this rollout so these are correct:

Manufacturer software: 0.5.252
         Component software: 4.0.220

Thanks,
    Louise.

• SchartSchart Member Posts: 2
    Looks awful. At least they should have been an option in settings to change the view.