Amazon Prime Video has a new UI

DarrenDarren Member, Super User Posts: 634 ✭✭
edited 30 July 2022, 10:55PM in Community
I notice earlier that Amazon Prime Video has a new look UI.
Its also been posted on here. https://www.makeuseof.com/amazon-prime-video-new-ui-whats-changed/

Comments

• VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 10,282 ✭✭✭
    As this platform attests to, Prime Video users won't like it even if it is any good, as people don't like change. Even if it is better.
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
  • Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Member, Super User Posts: 640 ✭✭
    Once I found My Stuff was easier to get to, I accepted this. If the UI improves the experience I'm for it. But...

Still hate the YouView interface though! Maybe if it loaded quicker I'd accept it but as I said before this makes my TalkTalk box seem quick in comparison and my T2000 now seems as slow as an old 370T box.
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 1,016 ✭✭
    edited 31 July 2022, 11:55AM
    I think the problem is the 370T (2012) and the T2000 (2014) rightly or wrongly were not the target for the present youview Interface. 

It actually works pretty well on the pro box.

Also the cynics amongst us will marvel at the coincidence of this new Amazon UI being announced days after the news of the forthcoming price increase. 
    Oh wait
  • Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Member, Super User Posts: 640 ✭✭
    Should clarify I have 372T boxes, and these are now faster than the T2000 with the vertical ui. I was just making a comparison that it is as slow as a generation 1 box. The fastest response box I have is a T2000 which still has the horizontal interface, so I do have a direct comparison.

I agree the ui, is not suitable for these boxes, and was done with the 4000 and Pro boxes in mind.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,455 ✭✭✭
    edited 1 August 2022, 9:49PM
    Visionman said:
    As this platform attests to, Prime Video users won't like it even if it is any good, as people don't like change. Even if it is better.
    @Visionman
    “It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a horizontal single line Home Menu  in possession of a sensible number of icons, must be in want of flipping to vertical in order to accommodate 30 or 40 thumbnails, all individually fetched and refetched from a YouView server, on the off chance that the user might want to look at more than one or two of them.”

We’re not against change for better. We are against change that isn’t.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • darrenlit94darrenlit94 Member Posts: 3
    I like the new design but I have noticed on the BT TV Pro Box version of the app it doesn’t have the live tv option in the side menu. Whereas on my Xbox and the Prime app on my tv it does. It’s annoying as I subscribed to itv hub through prime to watch ITV 2 in hd and can’t find an option to do that now.