ITV X

kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 1,044 ✭✭
Whereas BBC all4 etc usually stream entire series on catch up ITV have announced all it's new drama's will only be available behind the pay wall of ITVX.

They will eventually be available on Freeview several months later.

ITV are hoping this coupled with a ad free experience will entice people. 

Personally not for me.

Deacon Blue hit from October 88

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,520 ✭✭✭
    edited 12 August 2022, 7:32AM
    kodikid said:
    Whereas BBC all4 etc usually stream entire series on catch up ITV have announced all it's new drama's will only be available behind the pay wall of ITVX.

They will eventually be available on Freeview several months later.

ITV are hoping this coupled with a ad free experience will entice people. 

Personally not for me.

@kodikid

Citation?

As this contradicts:-
    https://www.digitaltveurope.com/2022/06/16/itvx-to-launch-with-9000-hours-of-content-for-free/
    where paragraph 5 begins:-
    “No ITV content will be hidden behind a paywall”
    I’m not doubting you, you understand, just looking for something rather more concrete than your bald unsupported assertion.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • DarrenDarren Member, Super User Posts: 639 ✭✭
    edited 12 August 2022, 7:39AM
    @Roy thanks for the link. I will give the free version of ITV X a try when it starts in next few months and hope its a little better than the old ITV Hub.
    I still dont have Britbox. So cant see me getting the payed version of ITV X.
    Im almost happy with the payed streaming services that I already have. As well as some of the free ones that I also sometimes use.
    Anyway I not thinking of adding anymore payed streaming services the now with gas and electric prices set to almost double in price come October.