Bizarre problem with CBS Reality app

KlausVinzaKlausVinza Member Posts: 7
Hi  All

Hoping someone can assist.

We have Sony KD49XF9005. We have set up all Freeview play apps and all good to go. However there is a problem with the CBS Reality app on TV. Most of the content (aside from Judge Judy) is password protected. (

(CBS Reality app is preinstalled and found within Youview/Players tab)

Thing is, we didn’t create any passwords or parental profiles when setting up TV. I’ve tried the default Sony 9999 pin and no dice. Also the family pin, which I didn’t set up anyway. I’ve even deleted data in Google Play app, as understand that clears everything anyway. Nope, still get the prompt to enter password, even after unplugging tv for a few minutes. 

This message is only coming up on CBS Reality app. (Other apps just give normal content warning from distributors) 

I’m tearing my hair out, as this is the app I watch most.

I don’t mind ringing Sony, but understand they just advise standard solutions etc. 

Also tried Sony UK forum but no response so far.

I’m happy to do a hard reset but not sure it’ll make any difference?

Any wisdom much appreciated.

Many thanks

Comments

• kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 1,076 ✭✭
    edited 12 August 2022, 8:44PM
    Deacon Blue hit from October 88
  • jimbjimb Member, Super User Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭
    I'm feeling a sense of déjà vu here. 
  • KlausVinzaKlausVinza Member Posts: 7
    jimb said:
    ?
    jimb said:
    ?
    Sorry @KlausVinza that obviously wouldn't make sense to you.
    It's just that my distinguished colleague's answer to a problem such as yours is always a recommendation to buy an extra device. That doesn't solve your problem. Maybe someone else here might be able to help. 
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭
  • GRUMPYGRUMPY Member Posts: 9
    have you tried 0000 or 1234 . i just tried cbs on my box and all ok 
    Hi

Did a factory reset on Sony, and had to set up pin in that process. Used that when prompted by CBS Reality app and it worked. Ta
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭
    edited 13 August 2022, 1:31PM
    kodikid said:

On the list of best places to experience streaming apps smart tv's would  come near the bottom

(just ahead of a bin lid)

Honestly for a tiny outlay you can purchase a dedicated streaming device that will receive regular updates and that you can add to as more apps arrive on the market. 

Has your tv got Disney  BT sport or paramount plus..?

Of course you might not want these apps,

fair enough but I promise you your CBS app will work far better on say a Roku then any Sony tv.

The difference is night and day.
    @jimb

The moving finger writes….. 😛
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
    Thanks. Yep, have Firestick on second tv in conservatory. (Obviously doesn’t have CBS Reality on that platform) Also have access to Freeview Play, including CBS on Manhattan T3. 
    Roy said:
    kodikid said:

On the list of best places to experience streaming apps smart tv's would  come near the bottom

(just ahead of a bin lid)

Honestly for a tiny outlay you can purchase a dedicated streaming device that will receive regular updates and that you can add to as more apps arrive on the market. 

Has your tv got Disney  BT sport or paramount plus..?

Of course you might not want these apps,

fair enough but I promise you your CBS app will work far better on say a Roku then any Sony tv.

The difference is night and day.
    @jimb

The moving finger writes….. 😛
    An impressive reconstruction of the crime scene.  :p