BT TV Pro Box No Wi-Fi connection and Freezing

My BT TV Pro Box has suddenly stopped connecting via Wi-Fi and keeps freezing even after factor resetting it. It connects via Ethernet but it still freezes. Any ideas? 

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,520 ✭✭✭
    edited 17 August 2022, 5:26PM
    @darrenlit94

Greetings, and welcome to the Community!

Though it seems nobody here knows, so it might be worth asking in the BT TV Community, if you haven’t already:-

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-TV/ct-p/BTVision

There are a few reports of freezing there, though nothing recent.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • Chips2Chips2 Member Posts: 72
    edited 17 August 2022, 7:11PM
    My BT TV Pro Box has suddenly stopped connecting via Wi-Fi and keeps freezing even after factor resetting it. It connects via Ethernet but it still freezes. Any ideas? 
    If the box is freezing when coming out of standby try disabling HDMI-CEC on your TV assuming that’s not too inconvenient to other connected devices to your TV. Also change standby mode to ‘always ready’. These two workarounds eliminate the vast majority of box freezes for me, as well as some other issues. The bt pro box is pretty flaky but with the the two above workarounds it’s pretty stable for me now. Albeit not ideal having to disable HDMI-CEC and consuming more power overnight.

I’ve no idea on the Wi-Fi issue. If after rebooting your bt box and router it still doesn’t work then probably a bt box fault with the Wi-Fi. I tend to use a Wi-Fi extender with all my electronics plugged in near to my TV - plugged into the extender’s ethernet port via a switch. Seems to help with my flaky Samsung Bluetooth remote disconnecting from the TV if the TV only has to concentrate on Bluetooth and not both Wi-Fi and bluetooth. 
  • darrenlit94darrenlit94 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for your suggestions. Turns out my router wasn’t working properly even though it was fine with other devices it wasn’t with the BT Box. So after reset of the router it connected fine. The freezing seems to have sorted itself out and now all working fine. These boxes are brilliant when working fine but they do strange things sometimes.